The Thief

Jack POV

Finally a piece, or an ultimate solution. I can find you Elsa, so sit tight. This time I will save you.

"There!" Shuei shouts and points to the glowing circle, "The portal."

We both rush to the portal that was glowing with radiance, Shuei looks lost as he scans the area.

"I don't see any gatekeeper." Shuei says and he spots the engraved air writing right above the portal.

I follow his sight, and find the writing too it clearly states:
Opening passage times: 10am-9pm

It's about 3am in the morning.

If entering through without a gatekeeper will be considered as trespassing.

Shuei looks distressed, sweat rolling down his face, "Ah! We can't! We may be ultimately prosecuted!"

I scoff, and chuckle a bit. What a dork.

"We may have to wait until the opening times." He says and then he sits down on the floor staring at the portal.

I roll my eyes and pull him up and ask, "Where are we going again?"

"Corona!" Shuei responds enthusiastically.

I walk behind him so I can pat his shoulder, Shuei looked at me strangely and then abruptly I push him into the portal, his wails fading away.

I clip off my draping cape, "Why do I still have this thing?" How am I wearing this anyway? This is no formal occasion.

I pull back my leather gloves to make sure they are secure in my hands, I wriggle my fingers to ensure this.

I finally step into the portal, I felt a rush running through my body, a rush that I am used to a bit. Before you know it, I am greeted by the same color and greenery that was here before.

It was the morning sunlight that greeted us first.

I spot Shuei whom is having trouble coordinating himself. I approach him and hold him still.

"How was your first portal ride as a conscious being?" I ask him.

"Not good!" He says weakly and slurry voice, "This is illegal."

I shake my head and wryly laugh, "It isn't illegal if you are the law."

Corona. The place where I had my first mission. My first mission that I didn't have to resort to killing and Elsa was there to help me.

"Elsa assisted you excorcisms here, right?" Shuei asks as his composure improves and stands up straight.

I stagger back, "How would a brat like you know?"

Shuei digs into his satchel that he holds and takes out a small book, "It's in this Jack starter pack that Jenx gifted me! She told me you are really bad about talking about significant events and lack specifics so she gave me this!"

My eyes widen, and I snatch the starter pack off his hands and with immense strength I throw the starter pack to the other side of Corona.

"No!" Shuei yells, "Jenx gave that to me!" His eyes turn red and his eyes water quickly and buries his face in his hands.

I am struck with guilt, and awkwardly pat his head, "Uh it's okay, I will tell you anything you ask."

Shuei peers out of his hands and glares at me, he weakly pushes me away, "It's not that! Jenx went through all of the effort to make me that."

I scratch my head, "She really didn't need to do that."

"You don't get it Jack!" Shuei yells at me, "It's gratitude you lack! I treasured that book because Jenx made it for me! I am forever appreciative of that! You wouldn't understand!"

... He's right. I lack gratitude. I lack appreciating efforts. Did I take Elsa for granted? Internally, I was really happy for how far she went, how she actually cared for me.
But I haven't properly thanked her. I can't treasure people properly.

I don't know how to channel emotions in a way I can express them.

"You're right," I tell him and look at him with a slight smile, "I'm sorry."

He crosses his arms, "Hmph. Okay then."

The way Shuei treasures Jenx, with absolutely no shame. Is admirable.

"Where to now?" I ask him.

"Uh- not sure," He tells me, "Rapunzel's presence is pretty strong that we could spot it on the globe, but apparently it's disappeared."

"A malfunction?" I reassure.

"We aren't sure about that." He answers, "We'll have to scope the whole of the land."

"But my senses can't deny, I feel the same presence Rapunzel had. But it's strange ... and different. It's like it's projecting negativity." I explain, I open the palm of my hand and feel the air, the wind running through the gaps of my fingers I've come to the conclusion that she is definitely here. 

In the spur of the moment, I quickly rush from our initial spot and start to fly through the clouds of Corona. 

The vibrant blue sky deceives us. 

"Hey!" I hear Shuei exclaim, but I need to follow this immense force, Shuei has no need to come with me, as he comes closer the force the effects of this concentrated power will impact him greatly, he is just a child.

I look below as I hover in the sky, there is a clearing in the forest, and a tower.

I feel it. 

I slowly lower myself carefully by flapping my wings slowly until I descend onto the roof of the tower.

The tower seemed to have no opening but a small window, it must be ... the place where Rapunzel was imprisoned.

I carefully move down and peek through the window, peering through I can spot a masculine man crouching down.

He is cuddled into the corner. Quietly sobbing. His hands covering his ears.

I flip inside, creeping behind him with my blade drawed out.

I point it to his back, "... You- why are you here?"

His final tears fall onto the floor, echoing throughout the interior.

"W-who are you?" He asks, not turning around but it seems like he is struggling to speak.

"I wouldn't tell a weak mortal like you," I tell him sternly, "Shut up with your pathetic crying."

"Jack stop!" I hear from a distance, I knew it would be Shuei.

I briefly turn to check, and it was him. He looked like he was splattered with leaves and mud.

Panting he reached toward me, "You can't kill him!"

"I won't," I assure him, "But I am sure ... I am sure to make him suffer, if he doesn't comply with my orders."

The man suddenly turns around, and grabs my blade, which pierces into his skin and holds it against his very neck.

"Just kill me!" He shouts.

I stagger back, dropping the blade.

"You ...!" I exclaim, "The thief!"

Flynn Rider!