Chapter 36

Saytee

I was kind of nervous that Jim ordered me to come down here, it made me think He was going to keel-haul his father or something. But he's not that cruel, I know it.

I sat on the bed and sighed, my arms crossed for whatever reason. I started to daydream...about Jim, obviously. I couldn't help but feel my cheeks grow warm when I thought about the earlier night.

But I was suddenly stunned out of my daze by a knock on the door. I assumed it was just someone of the crew, coming down to tell me it was alright to come back up.

I opened the door without hesitation, actually starting to talk to whoever it was. "Okay, so just to be sure, he didn't kill him-" I stopped abruptly, instantly horrified by the sight before me.

There stood the cyborg, smirking devilishly down at me. I held my breath, and only had one plan...which fell apart in two seconds.

I slammed the door and ran for the other side of the room, but he easily blocked the door, and lunged foreword at me, wrapping his real arm around my waist and lifting me off the ground. I screamed an ear piercingly and kicked as he carried me up the stairs.

Even over myself, I suddenly heard Jim yelling my name, and I saw him running toward his room with how much higher I was than the boy.

Once Jim saw me, he screeched to a halt. The boy carried me all the way above and set me down, still holding my waist so I wouldn't run away. I saw his mechanical arm switch to a gun, and he pointed it at my head. I squinted my eyes shut, expecting to hear the BOOM.

"Hey! Hey!" Jim shouted to get the boy's attention. I opened my eyes, seeing the pure panic in his eyes. He held his arms up in surrender.

The whole crew gathered behind Jim, none of them with weapons, but they looked angry. Any one of them looked like they'd lunge at the boy if they had the chance. But heaven knows they don't.

The dumb cyborg suddenly turned his head toward mine and licked my cheek. Ew, what the hell?! I clenched my jaw and jerked my head away.

Jim snapped, lunging at the cyborg, and that made him cock the gun at my head. The crew held Jim back and started murmuring several curse words.

Jim was going to explode. I watched him, all if his muscles contracted. I tried to mouth things to him like, "it's okay," or "I love you." He didn't relax any more.

"You let me go, I let her go." The cyborg negotiated. Jim kept his scowl on him and said nothing, breathing heavily so he wouldn't jump foreword again.

"Let the lass go, boy!" one crew member spoke up. "She has nothing to do with this!" Another finished. The cyborg laughed wickedly. "She's the reason I'm in all this trouble."

"You got yourself in trouble, asshole." The same person pointed out. In response, the cyborg moved his hand higher on my waist. "Oh, right." He laughed, hinting. I couldn't do anything but keep still.

Jim thrusted foreword again, this time yelling, "Get your god damned hands off her!" The crew still held him back and shouted. "No no no no" over and over, referring to the fact that there was still a gun to my head.

Jim shook them off, standing his ground when they let go, but he was still tense. "What do you want?" He demanded.

The cyborg motioned towards where the spare boats were kept. Jim walked in front of us, and the cyborg made sure that the crew stayed behind, not following.

The cyborg demanded for the boat, rations, and that nobody tell about him running off. Jim agreed to everything, just anything to get me back and safe, I guess.

The cyborg started up the boat, keeping me and Jim close in watch. Afterword, he stepped back to me, just staring at Jim, as if he was still thinking.

Jim looked expectant. "I gave you everything you wanted." He mentioned, taking a small step toward us. The cyborg huffed. "You know, this trip could get pretty lonely..." He hinted, and I widened my eyes.

Jim cursed under his breath. "No," he said firmly. "No, that wasn't what we agreed." The cyborg shrugged. "I never shook on anything." He said quickly as he tossed me in the boat, jumped in quickly after, and blasted off.

With a snap decision, (probably the quickest and smartest decision I'll ever make) I tore my sun necklace off and tossed it at Jim. I knew that this boat was low on solar energy, it would go very slow. If there was any hope of Jim catching up, he'd need the extra light that was in that necklace.

I saw Jim try and run for the boat too, he missed that I threw the necklace at him. The blast from the boat knocked him back as we launched off.

The cyborg waved to the ship, laughing hysterically for a few moments. Once he got the boat on course, and we were traveling faster than the ship, he looked at me.

"As for you," he said as he approached, leaning over me on the ground. Again, there was nothing I could do, and I'm sure everyone could still hear me screaming from the ship.

*^*^*^*

(Sorry for the kind of inappropriate content and language in this chapter, guys! But that's piracy, it's ugly....)