Chapter 27

Saytee

Dream:

I'm laying in a field, on Montressor again. As I stare at the sky, I realize the stars are gone. And when I lean up to look all around the sky, behind me stands a dark shadow...and he's holding a whip.

With a gasp, I get up to run away, but I stumble and the shadow cracks the whip across my back. I can't hear myself scream, but I can feel it. "On your feet, brat!" The shadow yells, and I recognize the voice.

I turn on my side, my back aching and dripping blood from the whip. The shadow suddenly steps closer, and I see the face. It's the cyborg that attacked me on the ship. He smirks, then lifts the whip again.

But as it falls, Jim runs in front of me and catches the whip around his arm, yanking it out of the cyborg's hand. He now stands, towering over the cyborg and yelling at him. I still can't hear anything.

The cyborg is scared at first, but he soon pulls out a gun...

Jim doesn't back down, he's still yelling, as if he doesn't see the gun. And the cyborg pulls the trigger....

I suddenly feel a pain inside me, and when I look down, there's blood pouring from my side. The only thing I hear is Jim's knees as he falls on the ground.

My jaw hangs open, expressing pain I can't express through screaming. I try my best to move to Jim, but I'm too weak. I stare at the ground for a moment, seeing blood is dripping from my mouth.

When I look up, the cyborg aims the gun one more time at Jim's head, and I only see the flash of light and smoke as he pulls the trigger one more time.

Reality:

I wake up screaming bloody murder, I can actually hear myself this time.