Chapter 32

Jim

Saytee's just been so depressed, and I know what will cheer her up. She said that she like dancing. So how about a romantic evening of dancing.

It's cheesy, I know. And that's another reason I'm doing it, because I know she'll laugh.

I know one of the crew members plays the flute, Saytee and I heard it every once and a while during the night when everyone was usually asleep. So I arranged for him to play tonight.

The whole crew is in on this, really. I had to scold them pretty hard not to blabber about it to her.

And she'll probably find out somehow anyway, just watch.

***

I was wrong...sort of. Saytee had spent all day my room for some reason. She gave a few lame excuses that she was cleaning up, or that she just needed some privacy.

And the crew just could not wait to execute my plan. I told them all to go to sleep, but they're like children! Because instead if complying, they went to my room and drug Saytee out onto the deck.

She looked confused, but then looked at the scenery if put out. Yes, I lit some candles to give it the extra romantic factor. Call it what you will, I'm calling it cheering up the girl I love.

She smiled at me, teasingly almost. "What are you doing?" She asked expectantly. That's when the crew finally went below deck.

I walked to her and held my hand out to her. "You said you liked dancing, would that also mean with me?" I asked with a smile. She bit her lip and took my hand slowly, and we started to dance.

That cued the flute, and Saytee suddenly stopped and looked up at the crew member who was playing. She looked back at me with the biggest smile. That beautiful smile that brought out the dimples on her cheeks, which were now turning slightly pink.

"You set this all up for me?" She wondered. I nodded and pulled her in to dance again. She kept her smile, but both of us kept quiet.

I think my plan was working, she seemed pretty enchanted.