4: Faith, Fate, and Fear.

Start from the beginning

A couple of minutes later , my phone vibrated.

+1-40XXXXXXX : Hello?

Yes. Time for some answers.

How are you? I typed,without even stopping to think twice about it.

Sarah : fine, thank you. May I know who this is?

I have some questions about Islam, I texted back, evading her question. Honest to God! That was one of the major reasons I was texting her. No deception from my side. Or atleast not much.

Sarah: I'm all ears.
Sarah: but in return, I want to get some answers about Christianity of you're Christian.

She was interested in Christianity? Because if she was, then... Things would be much easier.

Why are humans here? Why were they created...? According to your religion...

Yes. I know I started it of with such a deep question.

But I needed to make this difficult for her.

For awhile, I kept firing difficult questions at her, and she kept firing answers back.

I'd tried to make the questions tough to answer, but she'd found answers to every single one.

What was weird is that she never said "I think..." Or such.

She always said "according to the Quran... According to the prophet, making it seem like her religion had all the answers.

She made it seem like it was all facts and no opinions.

Sarah : well. Your turn now.

She was indicating that it was my turn at answering her questions.

Sarah : Jesus PBUH is human?

Me: Yes.

Sarah: and he's God?

Me: Yes.

Sarah: how is that even possible?

Me: I'm not one to answer that question... it's like three layers of an egg...But why do you guys always keep clinging to and using the same argument?

Sarah: because you guys still didn't give us a valid answer.

****************

The next day was a very long one.

Aside from all the designing I had to work on, some unexpected events happened.

For example, a drunk , haggard looking man appeared at the company's door step.

He wouldn't stop yelling about how he didn't want a home without his family and would rather be homeless.  He was almost completely incoherent.

He must've been going through a tough time but we still had to call the police to drag him away.

He made sure to empty his stomach on our doorstep as a good-bye gift.