Patrick Stump x Reader - Cupid (Charmed AU)

Začať od začiatku

"Order flowers? I thought we'd get a few amaryllis and carnations at the flower shop and that's it?"

"Oh come on, we can afford a few professional bouquets," her sister whined.

~*~

On the other side of the front door, Patrick stood, back pressed against the wall, and covering his face with his hands. He could not believe he had really just done that. Did he really just walk into (y/n)'s apartment with a lame excuse of living downstairs and having missed the floor? Did he really tell her some halfhearted lie about how it was possible for him to open the door? Yes he did. If it had been possible he would have died of shame right here on the spot, but it was not, so he could as well move into the empty flat one floor down, his old place had started to bother him anyway.

~*~

The rest of the week was pure chaos for (y/n). She tried her best to help Sarah with all the preparations for the party, though secretly she was annoyed about it a bit as well. Sarah always had to make a big fuzz about everything. (Y/n) tried to remind her that it was just an engagement, not a wedding party, but the younger sister still insisted on a new set of champagne glasses, lots of flowers and a small live band. Apart from that she would not shut up about her perfect husband to be, a lawyer working in a fancy office downtown, with steady income and brilliant reputation while (y/n) was still working in a coffee shop, hardly being able to pay the rent and certainly not managing to have a lasting relationship. Additionally to the party preparations, her boss made her work double shifts since one of the other employers had resigned last week. As if that was not enough, she kept bumping into that strange guy Patrick. At first they always met on the stairs and by Wednesday he seemed to have chosen the coffee shop she was working at as his new favorite café. Luckily he left her alone most of the time, unless he ordered something to drink, so she did not think too much about it.

It was Friday afternoon and (y/n) was thanking the world that the week would be over soon. After tomorrow she did not have to worry about any party preparations anymore and maybe the thing with Patrick would finally start to make more sense. By now he had really caught (y/n)'s interest. He always sat alone in the café, sipping a cappuccino, scribbling down on some notebook or reading the newspaper. He was cute too, with his blond hair, the glasses and wearing a black fedora most of the time.

Right now (y/n) was walking up the stairs to her apartment, waving at Patrick who was just taking in his post, and talked to Sarah on the phone.

"I know the party starts at thee, I was the one who set the time," (y/n) reminded her sister.

"I just don't want you to be late," the younger one whined. "And make sure to bring your date!"

"My date," (y/n) almost shouted, "I don't have a date!"

"Well then make sure to find one, you can't show up at my engagement party without a date."

"There was never any mention of me having to bring a date! Can't I just show up alone?"

"Oh come on, (y/n), it can't be too hard for you to find someone well-mannered to accompany you tomorrow," Sarah said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" By now she was slightly upset and began searching for the door keys.

"Just that you never had a problem finding someone to spend time with..."

"So, not being late, bringing a date, anything else," (y/n) murmured, while rummaging through her bag for the keys. "Oh, come on, this can't be true!"

"Why, what's wrong," Sarah asked, showing interest in her sister in the first time in weeks.

"I think I lost my keys," (y/n) told her through the phone, emptying her hand bag in on the doormat in the meantime.