17

i walked around my room and then daddy opened the door and stood in the way.

"mommy and i are going out for dinner. do you want us to bring you anything? food? cake?" he asked.

"um, if there are any leftovers, i'll have them."

"alright, ty, we'll be back later. don't talk to josh." he warned before leaving.

i heard his and mommy's voice muffled through the wall and then the front door opened and closed.

not even ten minutes later, josh was in my room.

"i need your help."

"w-what?"

i was utterly confused.

why?

"i need your help to leave. i have to get out of here. i can't stay trapped in here anymore."

josh inched closer to me and tapped his fingers against my waist.

"i don't need your daddy's help anymore. he gave me what i needed, and now i want you to come with me."

i placed my hand on joshua's chest. "i can't go with you. daddy is so kind to me..."

josh laughed softly, and i really loved his laugh. it was so pretty and perfect, just like him.

but i couldn't leave with josh.

he only ever came to me when he wanted me for something. he was evasive towards me when he didn't want anything.

on the other hand, daddy abused me whenever he got pissed, but he gave me so much love and affection otherwise.

i don't know.

i don't know what to do.

"j-joshua, i can't go with you."

"ty, don't you want to be free from him?"

ty?

"i love him. i like you. i-i only just met you. i can't drop everything and just leave him for you."

"if it helps, i like you too."

"you have a funny way of showing it then."

i almost turned away but then he grabbed my hand and turned me to face him.

"listen, i know i'm nothing compared to him, but..."

joshua placed his hand on the nape of my neck and leaned in to kiss me.

it technically would've counted as our first kiss since the only other time josh had his mouth on mine was when he was licking my lips and tongue.

so i let joshua kiss me, and i kissed him back.

because maybe it counted as something.