Chapter 18 - [Precious Ruby]

Start from the beginning

     She nodded her head before sighing and getting back up.

     "Light, give her your coat, will you?"

     Meenu suddenly blushed heavily as she remembered she was in her corset and one of her trousers legs was gone.

     Light didn't hesitate as he handed her his coat.

     Meenu put it on quickly and buttoned it up. It was extremely long for her, falling all the way to the ground and piling up a little on the floor.

     "Could you take her to the Amberdyse gates?"

     Light nodded.

     But before Meenu could say her goodbyes, he picked her up, cradling her in his arms.

     Moments later, they were a short distance from the gates.

     Light put her down and straightened himself up. "Blood will be fine. You have no need to worry."

     Meenu looked at the man. "Thank you."

     Light stood very still for a moment, making Meenu feel uncomfortable.

     But when Knight had finally caught up to them, he spoke up. "Thank you for loving Blood." He surprised her by saying.

     Meenu hesitated. "Why would you thank me?"

     "Because you've given him a reason to live."

     Her head jerked back as Knight joined her side. “What do you mean?”

     “I mean that before you befriended him… Blood had no care whether or not his missions would kill him. He would fight the enemy without a single care for the possibility of death. Of course, he is our best warrior. That is why he isn’t dead yet… but no one knows what fate has in store for us. And Blood was working his way to death.” Light said. “Now that has changed.”

     “Really?”

     Light nodded. “Now… he works harder to keep himself safe. He fights and defends. He no longer has only death on his mind. Now you are on his mind too.”

     Meenu blushed, her heart feeling light.

     “He knows he has to return to you. So he fights to survive.”

     She smiled. “That’s good to hear.”

     Light nodded. “Now, all I ask of you is to stay safe. If you stay safe, our Blood won’t die. He will always come back to you.”

     “I promise I will.” Meenu said. “I will stay safe.”

     “Good.” He suddenly bent down, pulling out a knife, and in one swift move, he twirled Meenu around, shortening the coat for her. “Now you can walk.” He said as he stood back up.

     Meenu chuckled, stepped out of the excess cloth and she looked at him. “Thanks, Light.”

     Light bowed his head respectfully.

     But when he turned around to leave, he froze.

     And then he turned back around to face Meenu.

     “There’s something else I want to tell you.” He said, crossing his arms. But he hesitated for a long moment.

     Meenu waited patiently.

     She wasn’t too eager to go back to the village where Seliaryn may have been. Plus, she may have a lot of explaining to do if her mother see’s her like this.