Chapter 18 - [Precious Ruby]

Start from the beginning

     She moved over to his side and was surprised when he put his arm around her shoulders. He pulled her close and kissed her head.

     Meenu smiled and snuggled up against him.

     "You need to go home, Meenu." He said, his voice deep and calm.

     "I don't want to leave until you're better."

     "You have to. The King might come looking for you and you need to do everything you can to make it look like you weren't here."

     Meenu frowned. "Can't I just join you or something? Let the king know I'm on your side. That'd be a good way to get him to stop wanting to marry me."

     "Absolutely not, Meenu."

     She sighed. "But I don't want to leave you alone."

     "I'll be fine." He said. "My comrades will be coming to find me soon. They would have noticed that I'm missing by now."

     Meenu pulled away and looked at him.

     "Just like your entire family noticed that you're missing."

     So much had been going on that Meenu had completely forgotten about her family. And now she sighed. "They're probably worried sick."

     "Probably? More like definitely."

     Meenu bit her lip.

     And just as she did, someone appeared beside her.

     Meenu gasped and Knight started to growl.

     "Light." Blood said to the masked man.

     Meenu looked up at Light. He was a tall man, a little taller than Blood. And he looked strong.

     He was dressed like Blood usually was, with boots and trousers tucked into them. However, this man wore a large coat the fell all the way down to his calves.

     He also wore a mask.

     "Master Red knew something was wrong." Light said.

     His voice was even deeper than Bloods, and Meenu didn't even know that was possible.

     "How on earth did this happen? To you?"

     Blood looked at his friend. "I was distracted."

     Light sighed and looked at Meenu. "This must be the famous Meenu Kyrus?"

     "Famous?" Meenu asked.

     "Our Master isn't too pleased that our Blood has fallen in love."

     Meenu's heart skipped a beat and she smiled at Blood... Though she knew that this wasn't something to be smiling about, she couldn’t help but smile at the word ‘love.’

     But Blood reached over and touched her cheek. "Go, Meenu."

     She nodded her head and got up, Knight stood up too.

     But then she remembered something.

     She sat back down, right in front of Blood, ignoring the fact that Light was there.

     Leaning forward and placing her hands on his cheek, she kissed his lips.

     He pulled her closer, making her sit on his lap, and deepened the kiss when their bodies touched.

     She wrapped her arms around his neck and didn't want to leave now more than ever.

     But eventually, he pulled away. "Go, Meenu." He repeated.