Patrick Stump x Reader - Party Gone Wrong

Start from the beginning

You easily found the kitchen; you just had to follow the smell of alcohol. As soon as you entered the room you saw Patrick and Pete. Pete had his hand resting on Patrick's shoulder and talked to him intensely as if explaining something and Patrick nodded every now and then. You approached the two, glad to finally have found your best friend and just heard Pete say "It's really easy, you know?" before Pete recognized you.

"Hey (y/n)! You're finally here!" He welcomed you, letting go of Patrick and wrapped his arms around you.

Patrick turned around to look at you and seemed slightly surprised to see you. His big, blue eyes were wide and his cheeks were dusted over with pink, a sure sign he was drunk.

"Hey," he just mumbled before pushing past you and leaving the kitchen.

"Wow, what's wrong with him?" you asked Pete, ignoring the stinging pain in your chest from being ignored. He did not even hug you! Yeah, he was your best friend and even best friends have bad days but that was Patrick! He was always ready to hug you or at least pat your head. You knew you should not be hurt that easily but with Patrick it was special, to you he was more than just your best friend. Okay, yes, you were in love with him. But so what? People fall in love with their best friends. You had a hard time admitting your feelings to yourself so you certainly would not let them ruin your friendship with Patrick. You preferred to suffer from heartbreak than from losing your best friend.

"Ah, he's alright, just a bit drunk," Pete responded to your question.

"How much did he have?" You wondered concerned, eyeing the cup Patrick had left behind on the kitchen counter. You picked it up and sniffed the clear liquid.

"Just two beers," Pete tried to calm you down.

"Dude, this is not beer!" You accusingly held up Patrick's cup.

"Well... and a few vodkas," Pete finally admitted.

"A few vodkas? Are you crazy? He'll be black out drunk by now!" You tried not to shout, you really did, but suddenly you were incredibly worried for Patrick. He was not used to so much alcohol, what if he did something stupid while you were standing here in the kitchen, doing small talk with Pete? It would not be the first time.

"Ah, he'll be fine," Pete waved. "He's a grown up."

"He's drunk, Pete! You remember what happened the last time?" Yeah, the last time Patrick had been drunk he had jumped into a pool. Nothing bad about that in general. But he also had forgotten to use his arms and legs to stay floating on the surface. That time he almost drowned. So your worries for him were not entirely out of the blue. "I'm gonna go looking for him," you decided and this time Pete did not stop you.

Once again you worked your way through the people on the dancefloor, until you finally spotted the familiar strawberry-blonde hair close to a wall. At least he was not drowning in some pool. When you got closer though, you saw that he was not alone. A tall, blonde girl stood between him and the wall, her hands roaming all over his back. And they were kissing. You stopped in your tracks, a terrible sting going right through your heart, your blood felt as if had been replaced by ice water and your eyes started to burn suspiciously. Before you knew it, something inside you snapped and you marched over to the making out pair.

You tipped Patrick's shoulder and cleared your throat. Patrick pulled away from the kiss, and once he recognized you, he started smiling like a fool. "Hey (y/n)!" He grinned widely.

"I think it's time to go home, Patrick," you told him, grabbing his arm and gently pulling him away from the girl.

"No," he whined, "I'm having so much fun!"