Two Steps Forward...

Genji's shivers and spasms were over, instead, he lay peacefully on the bed in front of Angela. Angela traced his scalp with her delicate fingers. A smile came naturally to Angela's lips as she looked at Genji. It was comforting to know nothing serious happened to him on the mission. Angela was still angry though, she had not been informed that Genji was on a mission she had not even cleared him for it. Seeing him alive and well, however, suddenly made her forget her troubles. Genji had overheated, all Angela had to do was vent the heat and create some cooling vents on his body, nothing too hard.

Angela attempted to return to her computer, until, she heard a scream. Quickly, twisting around, Angela saw Genji awake startled and scared. His eyes met her's and his dilated pupils returned to normal. Angela moved to his side pushing him back into a laying position. Genji seemed slightly confused at the fact someone was moving him. Then reality hit him.

"What happened?" Genji asked. It seemed more like a command than a question.

Angela was taken back his tone. "You-your body overheated, you must have strained it too much." Angela decided it was better not to question Genji on his nightmare as Genji was acting like nothing had even happened.

Genji's expression changed from anger to relaxed before saying "T-thank you." Genji looked like he struggled to say it. "For helping me, that is."

Angela smile increased. That was the first time she heard Genji thank her. "I'm just doing my job."

"I suppose you were," Genji mumbled.

Angela looked over at the steaming plate of food on her desk. She brought it over to Genji along with a fork. Genji looked at it. It was some sort of chicken chow mein. Angela offered it to him. "We ordered food earlier, I took a guess that you might like it."

Genji's hands went reluctantly to the side of the metal plate that covered the bottom of his face. The metal plate was placed on the side, it showed what was left of his mouth. His mouth was intact but he  sometimes had difficulty breathing without it.

Angela could not help but pity him. No longer was there a cocky smile and a toothy grin. All that was left was scars and disabilities. Genji chocked out a wheezy breath pointing at the fork Angela held.

"Oh? Sorry." Angela handed him the fork.

Genji ate, hesitantly Angela went back to her work. Angela wanted to say something and not sit in awkward silence but with her circumstances with Genji, the silence was all they had. Angela shot a glance at Genji, who to Angela's surprise was scoffing the food.

"I take it, that you like it?" Angela smiled.

Genji shook his head. He then reached for his mask, placing it back on his face. He looked back up at Angela. "I-I couldn't taste it?"

Angela frowned. "Oh? I could try and-"

"No." Genji cut her off. "I don't want it." Genji looked at the empty plate. His head was racing he had just regretted what he said but he felt like he already owed Angela too much. She would do anything for him and he hated it. Why wouldn't she hate him?

Angela tilted her head as if Genji was joking. "What about ramen? I thought you loved it. You'll never be able to taste it."

Genji snapped. What he would give just to be back in that restaurant with Angela again. "NO!" Genji shouted. "I not the same person I once was. Do you think I could just walk into a restaurant and order it? They would think I'm a monster. So, instead, I stay here where I'm ordered to kill my own family. What kind of life is this?"

Angela took a breath. "It's not fair I know. But I don't care. To me, your still the Genji who brought me to that lake and loved ramen. The Genji that told stupid jokes and replied to my texts and midnight. Tell me I'm lying because I'm not."

Genji scanned her angelic face, she wasn't lying. He wished she didn't care for him because whenever she said anything, it hurt, it hurt more than Hanzo's blade. Why is Angela doing this to him?

"I'm not worth it, Angela. I'm a weapon, not a man." Genji begged her. He couldn't look her in the eyes.

"No your wrong." Angela tried to argue with him.

"What about my latest mission? I tore some of those men apart. The worst part about it was... It felt great." Genji said staring at his clenched his fist. He meant every word he said.

"Your lying." Angela tried to convince her self.

Genji looked at Angela. He drew a shuriken from his hand. Then without warning, he threw it past her. Angela flinched and turned to Genji in shock. "I literally have a weapon inside me and you're telling me I'm still the boy that disobeyed my family," Genji said with a tone of disgust.

"No, I'm saying your the man I fell for but it's clear you don't feel that way so I'll leave you to get your rest," Angela said before leaving the room.

Genji had just digested what Angela said. He felt like a monster, more than usual anyway. He looked at the shuriken embedded in the wall. How could he be so senseless? Why did he treat her like that? She had just saved him and fed him and he rejected and intimidated her. It's like he wasn't the one in control and he was just watching this happen.

Genji shrivelled back up into the bed to shut his eyes and pretend the rest of the world didn't exist. It was better that way. Even if he felt so cold and alone.

Author's Note: Happy Valentines day everyone! I know this chapter wasn't really lovey-dovey but I am an evil author that will never let these two be happy muahahaha. Thanks for reading and how was your Valentines day, if you celebrate it?