Past Horrors

The room Genji was in, was easily recognisable perhaps it was the fact that it was his own room back at the Shimada castle. In the doorway was his brother tapping his foot impatiently. Hanzo had never been a patient man he would just try to look it in front of his father and the elders but when it came to Genji, Hanzo would not wait that long. 

"Are you doing your make up in there or something? How long are you going to be, little brother?" Hanzo asked.

Genji walked into Hanzo's view wincing at the thought of what his brother would do when he had found out he had died his hair green. Hanzo went so white he was almost transparent when Genji saw him. Hanzo's next action was to bite his finger to stop himself from laughing. Genji raised his arms up in confusion.

"What's so funny?" Genji asked.

"Who on earth convinced you that was a good idea?" Hanzo said between laughing. "With that orange scarf, you look like a fucking carrot!"

Genji turned bright red, not at all expecting this reaction from his brother. His brother, on the other hand, could not help himself from making carrot puns and commenting on his new green hair. "Do think you will be able to see in the dark now you're a carrot!" Hanzo still continued the assault on Genji's hairstyle.

After what seemed like half an hour of Hanzo laughing, he finally stopped insulting Genji. The two finally set off to meet there father. Sojiro called for what was basically a performance review every year, where the two brothers would show off the new skills they had learned. Genji was never worried about these his father usually didn't care what Genji did he was more focussed on his heir. 

"Wait, Genji you died your hair, what will father think?" Hanzo looked at Genji who was smirking. "You did this against father, what are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking of their faces when I walk into the room." Hanzo looked at Genji in disbelief.

And so the two Shimadas walked into the hall, as soon as Genji came into view gasps could be heard all the while Genji wore a massive smirk on his face. Unaudiabe muttering slowly made it around the room before Sojiro silenced everyone with a bellowing shout. "SILENCE" Sojiro took a breath. "Hanzo, my heir." Hanzo bowed before the clan leader. "Begin your demonstration." 

Usually, Hanzo would be found wielding a sword but it seemed he wanted to impress his father today with the use of a bow. Hanzo slowly pulled an arrow from his quiver and knocking it in his bow. With no further build-up, Hanzo shouted: "Ryuuga wagateki wo kurau!". And with that,  two blue dragons emerged from the arrow that was shot towards the ceiling. Genji had never seen anything like that before. Usually, Shimadas would control the dragons with the use of a sword; the dragons would only be apparent for a couple of seconds but Hanzo's dragons flew around in the hall until Hanzo commanded them to leave. 

Everyone in the hall stood looking at Hanzo, dumbstruck by his show of power. Sojiro, however, didn't even bat an eyelash. Instead, he simply asked for Genji to show his power. Genji, with his usual smirk, walked into the middle of the room. Genji drew his sword before dropping it to his side. Getting a few confused glances across the room, Genji pulled out his prefered weapon of choice, which in this case was a yo-yo.

In all fairness, Genji was very good with a yo-yo, spinning it in many different ways some looked impossible to do. Genji's father buried his face in his palm in disappointment. Genji, however, quite smugly continued to play with his yo-yo.

"Stop," Sojiro commanded. "Leave. Except you Genji." The room suddenly became a lot more empty, leaving Genji and his father on their own. "Wipe that smile off your face."Genji looked at his feet. "Pick up your sword. Would you like me to remind you how expensive that is?"

"No, I know how expensive it is because you always drill it into me," Genji muttered to himself.

"Do you know how many business partners saw that disgrace? You have literally cost me millions!" Sojiro bellowed shacking the castle.

"Then stop expecting me to follow in Hanzo's footsteps. I don't want to be like him-"

"Then what do you want? From birth, I have followed your mother's wish and you disrespect that wish by embarrassing me." Sojiro stood up. "What about Hanzo did he know about this?"

"No, I didn't tell-" Genji was interrupted when Hanzo entered the room.

"I'm sorry father but our uncle wishes to see you he says its urgent." Hanzo lied to Sojiro

Sojiro scowled, he glared at Genji before hesitantly waking out of the room. Each one of his booming footsteps made Genji flinch. Then only Genji and Hanzo was left, both brothers hung their heads in shame.

Genji opened his mouth to say something but Hanzo interrupted him. "I don't want to hear it," Hanzo said. "Look farther will notice I lied, so go quickly I'll take the blame."

Genji smiled apologetically before sprinting out of the castle, leaving Hanzo on his own. Genji could not feel worse. He never meant for Hanzo to take the blame. He just wanted his father to realise that he wasn't a puppet that he could control. 

Then he opened his eyes. He wasn't sixteen. He was laying in his dorm. Hanzo had done this to him. So why did Genji miss him?

Notes: Thanks for reading this chapter! I really wanted Genji to start thinking about Hanzo a lot more so a dream was kind of the only way to do it. So sorry for using that cliche of "It was all a dream."