[23]

a girl he never seen before waved to him, listening to his wife's instruction caught him off guard. that girl was named, Park Dahye, who was with you the whole day. wonwoo smiled awkwardly as he approached her. 

"haeun is in the toilet," she explained shortly after he sat down across from her, the same seat as yours. he looked at her with skeptical eyes as he sensed something from her, nonetheless, he only nodded his head and tried texting you that he was waiting. "um, do you remember me, wonwoo?" 

he flicked his eyes away from his phone screen and raised an eyebrow. he examined her face, from her big round eyes to her pointed nose and then to her thin lips. "not really, do we know each other?" he asked with bemused. 

her mouth gaped due to his harsh answer, "we were classmates during middle school," she giggled, "I used to sit in front of you and you would always borrow my pen." her tone sent shivers down his spine, so he closed his eyes for a moment. 

"I'm sorry, even though I have good memory, I just don't like remembering people that are likely not important in my life," he lifted both of his brows and looked away from her. dahye gasped silently with her brows furrowed in anger. 

"I understand that but there's no need to tell me that I'm not important—"

wonwoo rolled his eyes and cleared his throat to make her stop, "I didn't say you're not important, you are only not important in my life," he corrected her before she could misunderstood him. "I apologise for my rudeness, but why are you here?" 

dahye felt her heart was ripped apart knowing that wonwoo didn't want her there. "I was with haeun, we went out shopping together and we're just having dinner. I didn't know you'd be here too," she explained with heavy breathing once she was done. 

wonwoo was still looking at her skeptically; she was pretty that was for sure but looking at her with her shirt that exposed her shoulders made him laugh. he felt something was bound to happen once he realised dahye's style resemblance. 

he reached for his phone and dialed for your number, but the phone just kept ringing until it stop due to the time limit. "I'm going to check for haeun," dahye said as soon she realised that wonwoo was anxiously texting you. 

he kept trying to call you but you just didn't answer him. his heart elevated in fear. "pick it up goddamit, yoon haeun!" he raised his voice when his call was changed for a voicemail. he got up from his seat and went closer to the toilet, he waited with his hand on his hip after he loosened his tie. 

"she's not here!" 

it was obvious that dahye wasn't lying, she had her eyes rounded wide with her hands shaky. "haeun," he mumbled before he walked back to the table. he examined the food; it was one of wonwoo's favourite food, and then he sniffed the glass of wine, which was a strong scented wine.