[14]

IT'D BE GOOD by Roy Kim

IT'D BE GOOD
by Roy Kim

You suddenly felt lonely after realising that wonwoo was busy with his works again. The room felt empty every night because he would come home at midnight. Sometimes calling him felt worthless, he had countless of meetings and numerous places to visit—he was busy everyday.

"what should we do tonight, mansae?" you asked your cat as you looked at her eyes, "sometimes you do look like wonwoo," you continued to talk, to at least even a simple purr from your cat, you felt much better. It was Thursday night and it was supposed to be your night date with wonwoo, but for that long week, you had to be alone.

Your eyes wandered around the room, you tried to find something to fill your boredom, however there was nothing. So you just grabbed your sketchbook and a pencil before you walked out from your room. The house was literally empty, his parents were out to settle things at the woodenhouse.

Mansae followed you, probably she realised that you felt so hollow at that time."thank you for being here with me," you smiled to your cat. Then you stayed on the kitchen, you slightly poured wine in your glass and you sat down on the stool in front of the counter.

With the dimlight, you played a soothing music and started to sketch a few clothes for another of your portfolio. From a little sip of your wine, to a swig that you didn't expect to happen. "I think I'm getting a little drunk now," you muttered under your breath—you didn't stop drinking nonetheless, the wine made you giggle from time to time.

You couldn't hear anything at that moment—you were on your own world, shedding tears because you suddenly felt ashamed for drinking a bottle of wine. You didn't even notice that wonwoo was entering the house and turned onthe lights.

He peeked at the kitchen, just to find you giggling on your own and your head was supported by one hand. "haeun?" he called out your name; he realised that you were drunk. "You can't hear me," he said as he approached you, "why are you drinking a wine, your stomach will hurt."

"oh!Wonwoo–ssi, you're home?" you asked with a high pitched voice before you giggled. "I waited for you the whole night because it's Tuesday night." You did a little pout, "but you were at work...can we start our date now?"

wonwoo was undeniably exhausted from work, but knowing that you were upset because of him, he smiled weakly to you. "yes, we should start our date," he said softly and then he put a hand on the back of your knees, and before he lifted them, he put his other hand on your back and carried you to his room.

"what are we going to do today?" you giggled a question once he laid you down onthe sofa. Then he sat down on the floor while facing you. He checked the temperature of your forehead with the back of his hand; he was worried that you might get sick after drinking the wine.

He hummed while he pulled his tie off and unbuttoned a few buttons of his shirt."Let's just talk for tonight," he whispered, "how was your day?" he started to ask. He felt really guilty that you had to waitf or him in a drunk state.