[21]

it was the seventh day after your surgery and you kept quiet for the whole day in your private room

it was the seventh day after your surgery and you kept quiet for the whole day in your private room. wonwoo expected it before, he knew that you'd be crying after the surgery but he didn't know why you wouldn't talk about it to him. 

he stayed in the room with you, reading a few number of books for you—he expected you to laugh whenever there was something humorous from the book, but day by day, you were just ignoring him. while he reads, you lied on the bed with your back facing to him. 

he understood your pain; he was also upset about letting his first unborn child go but he stayed strong for you. he knew you would be sad, so he kept his chin high to make you happy, to make you bloom again. 

sometimes he would play video games while you were in deep thoughts, although the room was filled with the sound of his game, the both of you were silent—awfully silent and he hated how he just didn't know how to make you speak to him. 

he heard you crying at every night when he was lying on the sofa. he watched you wiping your tears when the room was dark and the window was the only light illuminating the room. he smiled when you accidentally turned your head to him—at least, for him, looking at your sad face was better than looking at your back everyday. 

wonwoo tried giving letters to you when he was off to work. he would come back with different flowers and sometimes he would bring new books he bought from the store. he was fine that you ignored him, he felt that he shouldn't complain because at least you were breathing in front of him. 

at times, he wanted to breakdown because you didn't even dare to talk to him. he wanted to help you, he wanted to calm you down when you were crying, he wanted to hug you when you couldn't hold everything, he just wanted you to want him. 

that morning after one week, the nurse told them that they had to take you to the general room because all private room was fulled and you were the only patient that seemed fine—at first, wonwoo was frustrated about it but when you shook your head as if you were telling that you were fine, he obeyed you. 

so you were in the general room; it was much more noisier because there were a lot of patient. beside your bed was an old woman, she had her cervical surgery a few days ago and in front of you was a teenager undergo cesarean section. it was a perfect place because your roommate were all woman. 

in addition, there was a limit time for visitor—it wasn't that you didn't want wonwoo to come, you just thought that you wanted to be away from him. every time you heard his deep voice, you just felt guilty, you felt the weights on your shoulders. 

it was killing you when he just smiled to you, everyday, he smiled to you as if nothing had happened. his smiles showed no worries, he was happy in front of you—sadly, you just knew that he was stabbing himself from the back.