[20]

"hey, um, doctor shin?" wonwoo knocked on the door

"hey, um, doctor shin?" wonwoo knocked on the door. after he bought coffees and snacks, he decided to ask the doctor since he saw her walking inside. "do you mind if I ask you a question?" he sounded like a kid asking his mother and it somehow made the doctor chuckled. 

she allowed him to come inside to her room, "what is it, mr jeon?" she asked after she hung her white coat on the stand. wonwoo sat down; suddenly he imagined the reaction of his wife crying in the room. he wasn't there but he could feel you. 

"about this gonorrhea we had," he carefully said, "I've been wondering how she got it. I'm sure it's not from me, because I have never have sex with anyone else than her and I was infected right after we had it without protection." 

doctor shin smiled, "I knew you were about to ask that," she proudly said, secretly celebrating her correct prediction. "yes, it wasn't from you. I checked your health record from the sexual health department and you were only slightly infected. how lucky that you came to the hospital before it goes dangerous." 

she got up from her seat and looked over her shelves. she was searching for a folder that she accomplished to find that other day—actually, she was also confused with the fact that you got gonorrhea without having different partners of sex. 

so she went through a lot of research in the hospital, "miss haeun was born in this hospital," she said once she found the yellow folder. "I apologise for being nosy about her past but I was also curious." she sat back down on her seat, smiling proudly when she showed him the folder. "and her mother also died here." 

she told wonwoo to check the folder. his heart skipped a beat when a picture of an abused woman revealed once he opened the folder. it was your mother, he could identify clearly because you looked the same but without the bruises. 

"miss haeun was born with gonorrhea." doctor shin already prediction wonwoo's expression but she failed, however. wonwoo was just staring at the picture without any trace of surprise. "her mother had gonorrhea," she added again. 

wonwoo blinked his eyes repeatedly, "is that possible? wouldn't it be fatal?" he asked, lifting his head to look at the doctor with his brows arched. "wouldn't she be at least have symptoms since she was young, or some other effects or—" 

"we checked her thoroughly, we did a couple of tests and we figured that she had no symptoms of gonorrhea, which is likely to be more infections then with symptoms." he wasn't sure what to feel; from deep inside of him, he was glad to know that you weren't raped or any sexual intercourse.

however, from the back of his head, he was worried. "are you sure that she's totally fine?" he was once a biology student and he also learned about sexual transmitted diseases before but he just couldn't put his finger on the fact that you were fine. 

a smile plastered on doctor shin's face, "most babies that are born with gonorrhea usually have eye infections which also may lead to blindness, also joint infections or deadly blood infections." 

wonwoo listened to her with a frown as he furrowed his brows—which doctor shin felt ashamed for admitting how good looking he was with those fierce expression. 

"but miss haeun is a miracle. it happened to some babies once or twice before but rare. there was no other infections in her body, well of course she inherited the bacterium from her mother," she leaned her back on her chair and looked at wonwoo, waiting for him to speak up. 

it sounded surreal for him. he exhaled heavily before he nodded his head, trying to understand the miracle that happened to you. "thank you, doctor," he smiled halfhearted and stood up from his seat to walk out from the room. 

he tilted his head while having a long thought about it. "wonwoo," his mind was interrupted by your father; he was calling wonwoo with his wide smile. "you should go and see her. she might be awake by now," he insisted. 

in the end, wonwoo entered the surgery room where you were lying at. your mother walked out after she saw him. he didn't know why his heart felt heavy when he was walking toward you—was it because he was scared? 

you were still lying on the bed with your eyes weakly opened, you had both of your hands on your stomach and you didn't realise he was there. watching you silently staring outside the window eased him. 

probably the doctor was right—you were a miracle. he was reminiscing those days with you which finally caused his lips to curled into a sweet smile that he knew you loved. when his eyes gazed deeply of your expression he had the urge to kiss you. 

he believed that you were a miracle for him. he smiled wider at the thought of being by your side for his entire life. he was thankful that nothing bad happened to you— that even though your tubal was cut, at least you were still alive. at least, you were still there. 

and after knowing about the origin of the gonorrhea he had, he felt relieved that all his assumptions were wrong—he thought you were raped during your adolescent years. he also thought that you were drugged before to do different sort of things. 

he smiled from ear to ear when you turned your head and looked at him. "hey, how's my little diamond doing?" he walked over to you and kissed your head before he swept your strands of hair. however his smile faded when a tear escaped from your eyes, "what's wrong? do you feel hurt?" he whispered worriedly. 

***

so I decided to do short chapters in order to give more suspense. well anyway, this chapter is mostly about how haeun got the disease :) hope you guys didn't expected it! 

I am really sorry that this chapter doesn't have any climax or rising action; it's just a filling for you guys. 

been having this draft since three days ago, but anyway HOW WAS 'THANKS' GUYSS GOSH I JUST LOVE IT! I CAN FEEL HOW DEEP THE SONG IS, AND THEN THEIR CHOREOGRAPHY IS JUST SO LIT! I COULD WRITE PARAGRAPHS ABOUT IT!

but anyway, thank you so much for reading! please don't forget to comment! 

love, 
   zee