The Final Task

Music is playing and a large crowd is gathered. The champions emerge. "Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory," Dumbledore announces. The crowd cheer on hearing his name. "and Mr. Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum and Mrs. Delacour." The Bulgarians crowd go nuts. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round." Dumbledore huddles with the contestants. "In the maze you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way."

"Champions! Prepare yourselves," Mad-eye cries.

Cedric hugs his father. Dumbledore looks to Mr. Filch. "On the count of three- ONE."

The cannon goes off. Mr Filch shrugs comically. Dumbledore groans. Harry and Cedric enter the maze through different entrances. The entrance closes up behind Harry. Heavy mist sets in, we pan out to see the maze is many stories tall. Harry starts traversing the maze, creature noises are all around.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Cedric is walking along, the maze walls begin to close in on him. He makes a run for it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fleur is running around scared, she is attacked and knocked down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Viktor comes along and sees she's unconscious on the ground, he walks on. Harry sees Fleur being swallowed into the undergrowth. "Fleur? Fleur!" Harry cries.

He's too late she's disappeared. He sends up a red spark into the air. A heavy wind starts blowing, walls are closing in, Harry runs. Harry sees something shining in the distance and he moves towards it Viktor tries to zap him but misses. "Get down!" Cedric calls. Harry ducks and Viktor gets zapped by Cedric. Cedric runs up and kicks the wand out of Viktor's hand. He points his wand at Viktor's body as if to finish him off, Harry runs up and intervenes.

"No stop! He's bewitched Cedric," Harry explains.

They struggle. "Get off me!" Cedric shouts.

"He's bewitched!" Harry repeats. The two of them begin running towards the cup. The undergrowth grabs Cedric and he falls to the ground. Harry looks back. Cedric is pinned down with no means of escape.

"Harry! Harry!" Cedric cires.

Harry turns and points his wand. "Reducto!" Harry zaps the plant life and Cedric wriggles free. Harry helps him up.

They both breathe heavily. "You know for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me," Cedric says, spitefully.

"For a moment so did I," Harry replies. The spite leaves Cedric's feature at Harry's honesty.

"Some game huh?"

"Some game," Harry agrees. The wind starts blowing again.

"Go. Take it, you saved me!" Cedric insists, standing in front of the cup.

"Together, on three. One, two, three!" Harry counts.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In the stands, Isabella gasps as she feels Harry and Cedric disappear. She jumps down quickly and slides under the stands to the tents set up for the champions. Sitting there, she focuses on her powers and sending herself to the mindscape with Death.