Chapter 30: Mother's Day

Tommy came over on Mother's day. We stood outside on the porch. He brought Keon with him. I came outside. He told me to tell my mom that he said Happy Mother's Day. Keon said the same thing. I told her and she said thank you. My mom's boyfriend had the t.v. up really loud, so we could hear them playing Call of Duty: Black Ops.

"What are they playing in there?" Tommy asked.

"Zombies." I told him. At the time, that's what my mom's boyfriend called it, so I thought that was the name of it.

"I wanna play." he said.

"Go ask. He will let you." I told him.

"Nah." he said.

Tommy tried to make me trust him by telling me to jump off the porch and he would catch me. As much as I wanted to, I was scared that he would mess up and drop me.

"So, you don't trust me?" he asked.

"I do, but I'm not about to jump off of this porch and kill myself."

"But, you won't because I'll catch you." I jumped down off of the porch by myself and hugged him.

"There, that's close enough." I said. Keon sat on the trash can and it dented in some.

"You are going to hurt yourself." I told him.

"No, I'm not." he replied. After two times of Keon doing it, Tommy wanted to try. Tommy got on the trash can and jumped to the porch when thought that he was going to fall.

Keon said something and Tommy told him "Sike".

"Hey, that's just like your last name." I told him. He thought for a minute.

"Do you wanna have a threesome?" he asked.

"No." I said.

"Sike." he replied. I knew he wanted me to say yes, but I didn't know if he was serious. He asked Keon some questions.

"You are really goofy." I told him.

"Nah. I'm dead serious all of the time." he replied with a straight face. I laughed. He got up on the porch and put me up against the wall. He put his arms on the wall so I couldn't go anywhere. Then, he kissed me.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too." I replied. Then, he and Keon left. I went back in the house. I came back out after a couple of hours. Jonathan was sitting on the porch.

"There's something on the back of your pants." he said before I sat down.

"Oh. I'll be right back." I said. Then, I went in the house and changed into some jeans.

"Why did you change?" he asked.

"Because." I replied.

"Okay." I said.

We sat outside for a while. I tried to draw the things that I saw, but I couldn't concentrate.