Chapter 23: You're Not Slick

The next day I was finally at peace with myself. Well, sort of. When I wasn't looking out the window to see if anyone was coming, I was doing homework or watching t.v. They didn't come back over for a few days. I felt relieved. No more pushing past me to get in. No more sneaking upstairs. No more fighting or asking me out or anything. I was relaxed for those few days.

   I got on the bus a couple days later. It was the last day of school. I was super happy to be done with work and getting up early to see people who I don't like or visa versa. I ran home at the end of the day. I put my bookbag into a box and plopped down on my bed. I heard a knock at the door. It was Jonathan. He wanted me to come and sit with him outside. I shrugged my shoulders and went outside. It was kind of hot outside, tolerable. I sat out there with Jonathan for a while. Then, I saw Tommy, Keon, and another boy walking toward our direction. The other boy had a box cut. It suited him well. Keon had his hair cut and looked way better than before.

   Tommy came up to me. He and Keon were talking about something. The other boy introduced himself as Keyondrick. He was a gentlemen. Keyondrick shook my hand and talked real smooth. Tommy noticed the look I had on my face and came to interrupt. Keyondrick let go of my hand and went over to Keon. Tommy looked at me. I looked back and smiled. I could tell that Tommy was slightly hurt. I could see it in his face. It wasn't all that noticeable. I felt bad for letting Keyondrick get to me like that. So, I started a conversation with Tommy. He told me that Keon and Keyondrick were gay. Right after he said that, they did a weird handshake and slapped each others butt in the end. I asked them if they were gay. Keyondrick answered with a yes.

   After a couple of gay moments, Jonathan went back into the house. I stood at the bottom of the porch steps, while Tommy sat on the top step. I turned to face him. He grabbed my arms and started swinging them toward each other. He was trying to make my boobs touch. I smiled.

"I know what you're trying to do." I said. He looked at me and smiled.

"What?" he said.

"You're trying to make them touch. You're aren't slick, boy" I replied. He chuckled and read my shirt.

   My shirt had Snoopy on it and above his head it said,"Pure Genius".

Tommy looked back at my face.

"Snoopy is not a genius." he said.

"Yes, he is." I said back.

"He was one if the smartest ones on the show." Keyondrick said.

"Exactly." I agreed.

"Nuh uh." Tommy said.

"Yes." I said.

"He was the one that came up with most of the ideas." Keyondrick replied. Tomny still didn't look like he believed us. Keon and Keyondrick said that they had to leave. I started to go in the house, when Tommy stopped me and asked for a hug. I gave him one and went inside.