Chapter 21: Meeting Daddyman

It turned out that Jonathan didn't actually tell my mom anything. Jonathan still tried his hardest to get me to break up with Tommy. I didn't care what anyone said.

   One day after school, Tommy and his friend Daddyman came over to my house. My mom wasn't there. I didnt know where she was. Tommy and Daddyman knocked on the door and I went outside. It was my first time seeing Daddyman. He was a dark-skinned fifth grader at the time. He came over to me. I looked at him. He couldn't be still. He just kept moving and jumping around. I asked Tommy if he was always like that and Tommy shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm only like this after I smoke." he said.

"Smoke what?" I asked.

"Weed." he said. I looked at him. He looked super young. Tommy laughed. I leaned up against the wall. Tommy stood next to me. Then, Tommy grabbed me by my sides and pulled me close to him. He looked me in the eyes.

"Do you know who Ladasha is?" he asked.

"Nope." I replied. He looked surprised and let go.

"Well, that's his sister." he said pointing to Daddyman, who wasn't paying attention.

   When Daddyman heard his name, he looked up. "What?" he asked.

"Nothing, man." Tommy replied. I looked at Daddyman. He punched the wall and jumped down from the porch. "Are y'all together?" he asked.

I didn't say anything. Tommy answered, "Yeah." I was pleased with Tommy. "Let's go, man. I can't be out here all day." Daddyman said.

"Ight, just hold up." Tommy said. Tommy grabbed me by my sides again and hugged me.

"See you later." he said

"Bye." I answered. He let go and left.