Chapter 17: Another Lifeless Day

I started talking to Tommy again. I asked him about his girlfriend and he had said that they were broken up. I thought he was lying, but when I went back to school, I found out from her that they were actually broken up. I felt bad for not believing him.

   He sat by me some mornings on the bus. On the ride back home, he asked me for a hug. I told him okay. When the bus pulled up to our stop he held his arms out to me as I got off of the bus. I came in for the hug. He squeezed me real tight for a minute. I soflty said,"Ow." ans he let go. It felt like he took my breath away and then gave it back.

   After the hug we parted. As I walked home, smiled and screamed inside my head. When I made it to my house, Jonathan was outside on the porch. "What are you smiling for?" he asked.

"No reason." I replied. He looked at me as I walked to my front door. I came in and ran up to my room. I threw my stuff on the floor and jumped in my bed. After squealing like a happy pig, I went downstairs to get something to eat.

   I felt on top of the world. Then, Jonathan came over. He sat on the couch and smiled when I came into the room. "Hey." he said.

"Hi." I said and plopped down on the sofa. Jonathan looked at me as I ate my sandwich and chips. "What are you looking at?" I asked him.

"You." he said back.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because." he replied.

   I had finished my sandwich and had been watching t.v. Jonathan was still there. My brothers came home and they went outside. I slouched on the couch as soon as they left. I was bored with the t.v., so I went back upstairs to my room. I drew a couple if pictures and read some of my library book. It was really boring that day.