Chapter 9: On The Bus

I was waiting for the bus. When it pulled up, I climbed in and sat in the second seat, as always. The bus pulled up to the the next corner. Like five boys ran to get on the bus. I looked at them as they got on. "There was a dog. " one of them said out of breath. I laughed quietly. Tommy was the last person to get on, after the five boys. He sat next to me. I looked out of the window. He started talking to me. I just stared at his pretty blue-green eyes.

   It was time to get off of the bus. I had to step over Tommy to get into the aisle. I stood there smushed by the people in front of me and the people behind me. The line was finally moving. Suddenly, I felt something draw a heart on my butt. I knew it was Tommy, but I didn't turn around. I sprinted into the building and I didn't look back.

   After school, I rode the bus home. Jonathan got on the bus and sat in the seat across from me. Tommy walked to the back of the bus. Jonathan scooted closer to my seat. "Did you feel something touch your butt this morning?" he asked. I almost got mad because I thought that Jonathan was going to say that he did it. "Yeah." I replied.

"It was Tommy." he said and started giggling. "He took a pencil and drew a heart on your butt." I looked at the back of my pants. Luckily, there weren't any marks on my butt. I looked at Jonathan. Then, I looked out of the window and the bus rode on.