CHAPTER 30. Chinese takeaway and who knows what's under the cushion?

James POV~

I was more than enraged. I just left Adams standing on the pavement in front of the community centre.

“How dare Adams to come and find me? Why now? What does my bastard uncle want? Didn’t he take everything I legally should have?” My thoughts were like a hurricane in my head and caused me severe headache. I walked towards Marian’s place, as I promised to her, I’ll meet her there tonight.

“It’s not like I have any place to take her to anyway.” My thoughts darkened of thinking of my dire situation. I literally had only a few coins in my pocket and it made me feel desperate for food. The less money I had, the more hungry I became, it has been always like that. It took copious amount of willpower and lot of free water to fight off the hunger pangs.
Today I was lucky, I got some food into my belly, thanks for the free food in the shelter. But what’s going to happen tomorrow, I didn't have a clue.

As I slowly walked towards the bus stop, where Marian was getting off the bus every day, I noticed the expensive looking car lurking behind me, a bit further down the street.
“Great! All I needed just someone to follow me around!” I fumed in myself and kicked the lying rubbish on the pedestrian way. The flying soda cans and other discarded paper rubbish startled the street cats, and they were escaping my wrath faster than ever.

Of course, I had nothing against them, but sometimes they could be very annoying. Especially if I had no food myself and they still came begging me to give them something to munch on. I felt sorry for them, but in my desperate situation it didn’t help when they annoyed me relentless.

Anyway, I quickened my footsteps, and made a few turns into different alleys, and after half an hour circulating in the area, I managed to lose Adams. Shall I call him bastard,, evil, liar rat-faced cock sucker? His betrayal hurt me the most, but I promised to my dead parents, I shall never rest till he will rot in prison for what he did.

Because I was certain that he had something to do with my parents death.

I quickly moved closer to Marian’s door, to be enclosed in the little alcove, and the darkness enveloped me, giving no chance to anyone to recognise me if they pass by on the street.
It was nearly eight o'clock already, I knocked on the door, just to check if she was at home, but I saw no lights, so obviously there was no answer.

I was getting cold, so I pulled my jacket tightly around me. I started to shuffle around a bit, to keep my circulation going. I was waiting about fifteen minutes when Marian arrived and I was very grateful for that. I couldn’t afford to get cold.

“Hi beautiful.” I said to her shyly, blushing a little. Thankfully the darkness covered up my blushed face.
“Oh, hi... James.” Marian answered softly, and I couldn't help but pulled her closer to me and planted a chaste kiss on her cheek.

“Uhm, let me just open the door quickly, it’s freezing here

“Uhm, let me just open the door quickly, it’s freezing here.” Marian turned away from me, but not before she reciprocated my swift kiss.

It was heavenly, to feel her soft lips on my skin. Her touch was cold, the weather made her lips cold but I didn’t mind. I loved it... I think I was in love with her in the moment when our eyes met in the district office.
She showed me in, and I went to the small sitting room, which I was already quite familiar with.