CHAPTER 7. - Hot chocolate and marshmallows

James POV ~

I was standing at the corner of St. Patrick's and Gallard street, contemplating what I should do next.

The beautiful lady from earlier, with the gorgeous chocolate brown hair told me to meet her at 2pm at this cafe just a few min stroll away.

I was nervous. I didn't even know what was this, should I call this a date or what? I wasn't sure at all. The way her eyes bore into mine made me think that it was a date. I couldn't be mistaken, I didn't want to be humiliated and embarrassed by a girl. Or anyone generally.

I tapped my foot on the ground, trying to release some excess energy with little to no result. I still had about 10 minutes to show up at Bobò's Cafe, I glanced at my watch. At the same time I checked my nails again. I hated if my nails were dirty, so I spent a lot of time in McDonald's restroom to clean them, also tried to manage to make myself look more presentable. Well, I admit it, I wanted to look good.

To be honest, I don't even know what I am planning to achieve. This lady is definitely older than me. I guess she just saw me as a hopeless teenager and wanted to pay back my help. On the other hand, what did I help with really? I picked up a few documents from the floor and untangled her jacket from the turnstiles. It wasn't a big deal at all. But if she thought she needs to repay something to me, well, fine, I go with it.

"It's not like I can go to a cafe everyday to consume something."- I thought bitterly in myself.

With that thought swirling in my head, I took off in the direction off Bobò's on Gallard street.

I hoped for a cookie or cake at least, you know. I didn't even know when was the last time I had something like that. It wasn'ta necessary food item, and my allowance barley covered my expenses, so buying unnecessary sweets, cookies were out of question.

After a short walk I arrived to the cafe, I hesitated a bit,then I saw people are leaving the cafe, so I stepped forward and held the door for them. I waited til the two girls left, saying thank you for holding the door open for them. I stepped in and let the door to close behind me.

For some strange reason, I felt I am a lamb and walking into the wolf's territory. I looked around with interest, as I have never been in this cafe beforwm. Tthe room was medium sized, with quiet corners, a few secluded places, successfully devided with huge indoor plants, and contemporary statues. It all looked quite modern, there were abstract paintings on the walls, and the wall itself was stripped off all paints and plaster. It had a feeling of some underground club rather than a cafe. I liked it.

Despite being just after lunch time, there weren't many customers in the cafe. One staff was collecting the dirty cups and plates from the empty tables, another one stood behind the counter. I observed the customers again as I didn't notice my date yet.

My date, yes. I refused to call it something else.

I was just about to go and sit at one of the tables at the most secluded area, someone tapped on my right shoulder. I turned slightly and froze in my movement.

"You are here." - she said, and her mesmerising green eyes were staring back at me. She stood next to me, her right arm full of documents again, and the same bag on her shoulder that I saw previously.

"Yes, I'm here." - said the only logical answer to her statement. I didn't dare to move, I was afraid this is only a dream that this beautiful lady is going to disappear into the thin air if I just move a fraction.

She smiled, her teeth were super white, and suddenly I felt conscious about mine. I smiled back at her, but made sure with just my lips.

"Are we going to sit down?" - she asked, and started to move towards one of the tables beside the window.