CHAPTER 6. - An eventful lunch break

Cairo POV ~

I was mentally and physically exhausted by the time I got to the office.

My very first day as a chief executive, started out quite awkward. First of all, had to cancel my first appointment with a very important client, then that super awkward moment in the florist.

I mentally facepalmed, as I remembered how I reacted in front of the shop assistant guy. I have no idea what was wrong with me this morning. I have never stuttered in my entire life and no way I'm going to start now, so I better man up next time when I go and get the morning bouquet every day. Because I am damn sure I won't let my stupid allergy to get in the way and control my life. By all means I am going to take my allergy medications and if it's not working I need to find a doctor who can give me stronger ones, it's a must but until then I have to figure out how to deal with it.
I'm really upset about the way I acted in front of this guy, I'm still gobsmacked about it, never acted in such a way before.

"It must be the jet lag."

I concluded in myself as I rushed towards to reception area.

I shoved the deadly flowers onto the desk and my eyes roamed around.

"Where is .....what's her name?" - I looked around impatiently, checked my watch and I saw it was already 9.20 am, but it was still too early for coffee break.

I scraped my scalp with my fingers and my irritation exponentially grew with my splitting headache.

I sighed out of frustration when I realised that the door adjacent to the staff kitchen was slightly ajar, so I approached it slowly, a bit hesitantly as I didn't know what to expect.

I peered in and I gasped quite loudly, my first instinct was damn right. I shouldn't have looked in in the first place.
Why, oh why did I not just go to my office straight away? Why do I have to investigate everything myself? I shook my head and I closed the door as quietly as I could.

Our lovely receptionist, the lovely 21 years old Hannah was currently nailed by the cleaner guy, whose name was still unclear to me. Dylan or Dean, one of the other. I cannot unseen what I just did.

I sighed in frustration, and ran my hand over my hair in an attempt to calm the raging anger in me.

No wonder why the office is so untidy and started to look unkept. Obviously these two good for nothing people are way too busy with messing with other.

"Where is my new assistant when I needed?" - I looked around desperately, hoping that some sort of miracle will happen soon and save my horribly wrong morning.

I got my phone out of my pocket and scrolled down in the contacts, searching for the name I saved under PA.
"Oh,there it is!" - I smiled faintly, despite my throbbing headache. Her name is Marian.

I'd like to give her the honour to fire the culprits right away. It may seems childish, but I want to keep our reputation spotless. If this gets around, that the employees are screwing each other in the closet, well my Dad might just get another heart attack. I mentally laughed at the irony.

I pressed the call button.

Marian, my newly hired PA by Mrs Lloyd, picked it up right after the first ring.

"Hello, Marian Madsen's speaking." - she answered promptly. Her tone was light, but somewhat crispy and oozed confidence.

That's what I wanted in my PA. Someone who is confident, knows what she is doing, not afraid of taking responsibility. If she was easy on the eye, well, that was an added bonus.