CHAPTER 13. - The audacity of a lawyer

Greg POV ~

I was positively buzzing with this strange energy when I woke up this morning. The 5 am early morning wake up somehow didn't bother me this time at all.

I was excited. I almost felt giddiness coursing through me once I hopped into my bathroom to start my day with a hot shower.

I just couldn't wait to get down to the shop, open it and start my day with meeting Mr. Hottie, I mean Cairo. I loved his name, it was so exotic and foreign. Also, stone me but he was quite a good looking guy, and nowadays I felt a tug inside me, whenever I just thought of him. This might worth digging into it.

I want to meet him again, everyday possibly, and I hope I can convince him to have dinner with me one of these days. I want to get to know him, I never felt such an attraction towards anyone in the recent years as towards him. I want to get to the bottom of my feelings, I wanted to find out what these feelings mean to me, and how valid are they.

I hummed in myself as I finished my morning routine by drying my short brown hair with a towel.
I checked myself in the mirror, touched my stubble and decided to go unshaved for the day. I hated shaving everyday with a passion.

Anyway stubble is sexy, isn't it? I read it somewhere last week.

I pulled on a pair of dark, heavy jeans, which was suitable for later on when I was distributing the daily deliveries. I picked out a light coloured Gingham shirt, that showed off my biceps nicely, a plain looking hoodie and I was ready to face the day.

I made a strong cup  of coffee as usual, I popped two slices of bread into the toaster for breakfast in the kitchen. Then sat down at the table, flicked my phone open and went through my emails quickly. I made a few notes, checking carefully not to miss any details. I had two bigger project coming up in this month, and I needed to clarify some important details. One of my client suddenly changed the venue of the deliveries, so I jotted down the newly provided address. I can't make any mistakes, my business greatly relied on word of mouth  marketing, so I needed to be punctual and effective. The traveller community in our local area was great in numbers, in the last few years many of the families ordered flowers from me. Therefore I have to be vigilant, everything must be flawless at the birthday party as well as the other two events.

When I finished with answering emails and taking a few notes, I downed my rapidly cooling coffee and quickly gobbled down the remnants of my toasts too. I was eager to go down to the shop, because no matter how much I wanted to take my mind off him, he kept creeping back. I sighed in frustration, I needed personal contact. Lately I was building up sexual frustration and needed to let out the steam soon. Not very often experienced something like this, so I'd better act on it.

I picked up my water bottle from the fridge, checked my phone in my pocket, then took the keys and head down to open the shop.

As soon as I got down to the shop area, first thing was to bring out the lilies from the chilling room. I wanted the bouquet to be done by the time Cairo comes to pick it up. I wanted to spend more time with him, and preferably make a move on him, although I had no clue how to do that. I felt nervous.

I never had to woo a man before.

Although he must know now by our last encounter that I'm interested in him. I had my suspicion that he wouldn't turn down my advances. I probably shocked him even further, when I said to him that I know he would want to know why I want to get to know him.

I know I picked his interest. I couldn't wait him to show up and have a conversation with me. He was so devilishly handsome, with his clear bone structure, shiny jet black hair, and his not too big, but well built, masculine physique. I was attracted to him undeniably. Somewhere deep inside me, I hoped if he felt the same way. I was so scared of rejection, I'd die of humiliation if he turns me down. But at the same time, I had a glimmer of hopes. The way I saw his demeanour, Cairo  clearly was not  sure what really is going on between us. I'm sure he felt the chemistry , -  sparks were pulsing around us, anytime we've met.