Anything For You

Caroline

With a blink of a eye the shortened 2013 season had come and gone. It was the end of April and time for the playoffs. The guys were set to take on the wild in the first round after winning the presidents trophy for best record this season by a long shot. They were sitting at 36-6-5 and I could only imagine what would have happened if we had a full season. I kind of wish we did because it would have been so much fun. But without the lockout this wouldn't have happened so I guess this is cool too.

Usually Jonny throws a birthday bash at his place for all the guys to come hang out, but this year his birthday was in between games in Vancouver and Edmonton so the celebration was pushed back until after his birthday. He was turning a quarter of a century and had a big party planned. I mean he always find reasons to party.

And I always enjoyed hanging out with everyone so I was super down to go. Plus I've started to get close with some of the wives and girlfriends. I especially liked Amanda because she reminded me a lot of myself. Not in the hockey sense but in the shy and timid sense. But once she warms up to you she is super funny and always fun to be around. Plus I've always loved Amanda and a few of the other girls and I have traded numbers and get coffee every so often.

But tonight was just a kick back and was super chill. So I throw on some jeans and a nice top. I leave my hair down and wavy and stay away from the makeup. I grab Corey and we go over to Jonny's place. The party had already started and everyone was loose. Corey and I go over to Niklas and his wife Elina and a few other people.

"You guys are so cute together" Elina insists and I laugh. She might have been a few margaritas gone by now.

"Thank you. How have you and Nik been" I wonder.

"We're going good. It's been a crazy year so far so we're excited to see how the rest of it will play out" she shrugs.

"Hopefully we will have a cup at the end of it" I admit.

"That would be really cool. I would love to take it back home" she admits.

"I have always wanted to go to Sweden" I admit.

"Well you're invited to the party, I can show you around and we can go shopping" she smiles.

"That sounds like a lot of fun, I would love to" I admit.

"Well I guess all we need to do now is win the cup" she laughs.

"That is a lot easier said than done" I mumble.

The party continues and we end up talking to almost everyone. We were a close knit group and everyone loved Corey. I would have to say Ray is his best friend, it's goalie thing, but everyone else was a close second.

"Hey guys, thanks for coming" Jonny says and Corey pulls me closer to him.

He has it in his mind that Jonathan still likes me, and even if that was true it shouldn't matter. But every time we hang out and Jonathan is here he gets all protective which I thought was endearing.

"Of course, happy belated birthday" I say.

"Thank you, but I don't think you have to say that if you wished me a happy birthday" he laughs.

"I do if I'm at your birthday party" I defend and he laughs.

"Okay, you got me there" he chuckles. "How have you guys been" he asks.

"We've been great" Corey says putting the emphasis on the word great and I mentally roll my eyes.

"That's good" he nods. He looks over to me waiting for me to say something but I just look at him. Neither of us say anything as we just look at each other, is there something going on that I'm not aware of?

"Can I talk to Jonny for a second" I ask Corey and his eyes go wide. "Trust me" I insist and he lets out a sigh.

"Fine" he mumbles as he walks away.

Jonathan and I walk out to the porch and I turn to him. I hear the music pound from inside as the party carries on without us.

"What's going on" I ask. "Like what is actually happening?"

"I might have said something the other day and it made Corey really mad so I've been trying to get him to warm up to me again. I figured if I did it while you were here he would soften up" he claims.

"What did you say" I question and he looks to the ground. "Jonny, you're one of my best friends. Don't shut me out" I beg.

"I joked that if you were to be with me I would never had cheated on you, I would never hurt you" he says and I stop.

"Why?"

"He was teasing me that I still don't have a girlfriend. Said it was because I was uptight and cold no girl would ever like me. It was right after that article came out and I was pissed because I know how great you are, how great we could have been if I wasn't so scared of a relationship a year ago. I know I would never hurt you like that" he explains.

"But you would, one way or another you would. I knew that going into that relationship with Corey. Shit happens and I would be incredibly stupid to hold him to these insane standards that makes him inhuman" I insist.

"You would never do that to him though" he defends.

"But I still hurt him. I left that night and didn't tell him where I was going or what we were. I hurt him, but in a different way" I explain.

"I guess so. I just hate myself for letting you go" he shrugs.

"There are many out there better for you than me" I insist.

"That's a lie, but I'll keep looking" he chuckles.

"Hey now, you are a great guy. Any girl who can see how amazing you are is special. She will find you one day, I promise. Don't stress yourself trying to find her, then it won't be as special when you do. Sometimes you just gotta let it be" I insist.

"I'll keep that in mind" he smiles.

We hug it out then return to the party. I find Corey with Shaw which automatically means something bad is happening. He hasn't been around for long but with him that doesn't matter. He was something else.

I tap Corey's shoulder and he turns around. He smiles when he sees its me before pulling me into a kiss.

"Is everything good" he asks.

"With me yes. But I think you need to go talk to Jonny" I insist.

"I don't think that's a good idea" he admits.

"At least hear him out. He is trying to make things right and you not listening makes you the ass hole, not him" I explain.

"But he-" he starts.

"I know what he said. And it's not okay but you need to hear that from him, not me" I insist.

"Fine" he huffs and I smile. "I'll go talk to him."

"Thank you" I smile.

"Anything for you."