Somethings In Me Changed

Caroline

"Please."

"No Crawford."

"But I said please."

"And I said no."

He stares me down with those damn puppy dog eyes and I can feel myself breaking. He grabs my arms that was crossed over my chest and lifts them. He slips his head in between my arms and I let out a huff.

"Why are you pushing this so hard" I ask.

"Because I love you, so much, and I want to go out tonight but only if you do it with me" he insists.

"I'm not good with this kind of stuff. I'm not like your friends and your friends are most certainly not like me. I know I've met most of them but I still don't feel comfortable considering most of them know you when you were with Julie" I ramble.

"Caroline that is literally insane. You are a incredible person. Everyone loves you and you can't convince me otherwise" he claims.

"Still" I sigh as my glance advert to the floor. He pulls my chin up so I have to look into his eyes. Those big brown eyes.

"Please" he asks again and I shut my eyes tight, but it was too late.

"Fine" I cave and he smiles big.

"Thank you thank you thank you" he rambles placing a kiss somewhere on my face between each word. I softly push him off of me before a smile fights it's way onto my face.

"You're the worst" I giggle before he finishes with a big kiss on my lips.

Corey had a kick back with his friends planned and he wanted me to come. Naturally I was uninterested, people who can't handle their beer nauseate me and I'm pretty sure half his friends hate me because their significant others is friends with his ex. But I can't say no to that face, no matter how bad I want to.

So I change into some jeans and a nice shirt before finding a leather jacket I had. I pull it on and pull my hair into a high pony. Corey grabs me and we head over to a bar where all his friends were.

I stand by Corey's side as he introduces me to all his friends. I've met some of them and some of them were just in town for the night. I didn't want to be the reason he didn't get to see his friends he never gets to see, but I most certainly didn't want to be here either.

I sip on a beer as Corey talks to his friends. This type of occasion was never my thing, I didn't talk to many people because they never understood me. If I ever went to a bar I sat by myself to watch people, I love watching people. But actually being with people, that was never easy. My father was the greatest goalie to ever play the game and my mother was my best friend for the first 20 years of my life. My dad did everything in his power to make sure I was protected but I was also extremely sheltered too.

"So Corey, who is this cutie under your arm" a guy who just joined us asks.

"This cutie right here is my girlfriend Caroline... and call her a cutie again I will end your life" he threatens.

"What? This one isn't a one for all" the guy asks and I feel my chest tighten. That comment was gross.

"No she's not. I swear if you so much as look at her the wrong way either you are leaving or we are" Corey says taking his pointer finger off his beer to point it in his friends direction.

"Ohhh he's fiesty. I like it" the guys smirks and I roll my eyes. Ugh. I can't believe I'm here.

As the night goes on Corey drinks more and more. I hated it but I wasn't his mother so I wasn't about to say anything. But I was starting to get uncomfortable because the one reason I was there was starting to become the one reason I wanted to leave.