Moving Fast

Caroline

The regular season comes to a end and Corey ended up with a amazing record of 8-1-2 in his last eleven games and the boys were secured in a spot in the playoffs. My first regular season as a writer had came to a end and after everything I've been through, I loved this ending.

But after every ending is a new beginning and I was excited for this next chapter. There was a lot that can happen and I wanted to be ready for anything. But first Corey and I had date night with one of his best friends and someone who is quickly becoming one of mine.

I pull on a nice long pink dress and curl my hair for once. No pony tail this time. I put in contacts and leave the glasses behind so I wouldn't have to worry about messing with them. I decide to put on some heels so I wasn't a hundred feet shorter than everyone tonight. Finally after a little makeup and a lot of deodorant I was ready for the night.

I wait in my apartment with my kitty for Corey to come pick me up. We look through all the articles I've written over the past eight months and it brought back some memories. I wrote a article for each game then longer ones about the guys and the league when I had free time. They were all so much fun and everything I dreamed it would be.

Eventually there's a knock on my door and I reluctantly take the cat off my lap so I could answer it. I open it up and see Corey standing there looking all nice in black slacks and a white shirt. He had a bunch of pink roses in his hand as he smiled down on me, because I was still quite a bit shorter even with heels on.

"Hey" I finally say as he stands there looking me over.

"Hi" he replies. He continues to stare at me and that kind of made me laugh. You would think after knowing each other for eight months we would be better at this, but we're really not.

"Would you like to come in for a little" I ask.

"Yeah, that would be great" he admits.

I let him in and I find a vase for the flowers. I thank him for them before putting them in water and on the table in the kitchen. He goes to the couch and sits with Hawk before pulling him in his lap. It's funny how he wouldn't touch him at first and now I can't seem to get him to put the little guy down. Not that Hawk has any complaints about that.

I sit next to him and Corey smiles over to me like a Dad who just watch his kid hit a baseball for the first time.

"I kind of want to steal your cat" he admits.

"Why don't you get your own" I question.

"I like this one" he claims.

"Well so do I" I insist.

"Then why don't you both come live with me..." he trails off. I look into his eyes and I can see he was being dead serious.

"Crawford" I start.

"I know. It's a little fast and so much is about to happen, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. And it's already hard enough to do stuff like this tonight with our crazy schedules. And I hate dropping you off then being alone after having the greatest time with you all night. I don't know if you feel it too, but for me it's a terrible feeling. Watching you leave makes me feel so weak and if there is any way I can prevent that from happening I want to do it. And I think if you moved in with me, then that would be pretty great" he explains.

"What about when the season is over" I ask.

"I have my own house in Montreal. I figured you would be going back there too, so you could just come with me" he explains.

"Okay" I say and he stops.

"Okay what" he asks.

"Okay I will move in with you" I smile and he lights up.

"Seriously" he asks and I nod. He leans over and pulls me into a kiss which I will never get used to.

"I love you Caro" he reminds me.

"I love you too."

Eventually we stop playing with my cat and head over to a nice restaurant downtown. We meet Amanda and Bryan and find a table. We spend the whole night talking about anything and laughing so hard we had to stop to catch our breaths. I tell my hockey stories and every one else tells theirs. Bryan and Amanda have been together since they went to high school and they are one of my favorite couples. Amanda always told me that if I got together with Jonny or Corey we would double date and neither of us are unhappy about how things turned out.

"So what are your guys' plan for the summer" Amanda asks.

"Going back home to Montreal. Relaxing for once and getting away from hockey for a little. It's been a long season and I think both of us can agree on that" I insist as Corey nods along side of me.

"Are you guys going back together" she asks.

"Yeah. I gotta talk to my dad but I'm sure he will understand that I'm not always going to be with him. At least I hope he will" I laugh.

"Do you talk to him a lot" Bryan wonders.

"Every day. Most of the time it's about hockey but he asks about Corey a lot and how Q is doing" I explain.

"Your Dad likes Corey huh" he asks and I laugh.

"He loves him. Every time my dad drops in on me he makes it his mission to see Corey at least once" I laugh.

"I have absolutely no problems with that" Corey claims.

"Of course you don't" I roll my eyes.

We finish up our dinner and eventually it gets late. I'm sure I will be seeing those two sooner rather than later. Corey drives back to my place and he walks me up to my apartment. We stop in front of the door and he turns to me.

"When do you want to move in" he asks.

"Let is get this series under way then let's get to it" I say and he nods.

"Perfect" he claims. "Thanks for coming on this double date with my friends, it means a lot to me" he insists.

"I know it does. And I had a lot of fun. Bryan is a great guy and I love Amanda" I insist.

"And I love you."