Date Night

Caroline

After I get comfortable in the real world again, Corey decided it was time we had a date night. It's been a while since we were able to have a night out on the town and get out of the house for once.

I change into a nice dress for this warm late August night. I add a little bit of makeup and decide to put some contacts in and lose the glasses. I pin my hair back but leave it down for once. After putting on some perfume and checking the mirror once more I was ready to go.

 After putting on some perfume and checking the mirror once more I was ready to go

I leave the bedroom and find Corey sitting on the couch. I walk over to him before falling into his lap. He easily catches me as my hair falls down my back.

"Wow... you look so incridible" he starts and I smile at him.

"Thank you, you are looking mighty fine yourself" I admit. He softly presses his lips to mine and lets them linger there for a little while. We break apart and he pulls me closer.

"Can I tell you a secret" he asks.

"Of course" I assure him.

"I totally forgot what I had planned tonight the moment I saw you" he claims and I try not to blush too hard.

"I don't really care what we do, as long as I get to do it with you" I insist.

"I would stay let's just stay home but you deserve to be spoiled" he says. I go to say something but he puts his hand over my mouth. "I know you're about to go on some tangent about how you have done nothing to deserve to be spoiled but I can most assure you that you have" he claims as I remove his hand from my mouth.

"You know me so well" I smirk.

"Just for tonight can you let me do things for you? Not believe that you aren't deserving of something nice and for once can I be the one putting a smile on your face" he asks.

"You're the number one reason I smile" I claim.

"Carolineee" he whines.

"Fine! I promise not to complain when you do things for me" I insist.

"Thank you."

We eventually get up from the couch and say goodbye to our kitties. Corey drives us into the heart of the city before parking in a abandoned looking parking lot jut outside of the city. He gets out the car before rushing to the other side and opening the door for me. I get a flashback from almost a year ago when I had just met him. Of course things are different now but the love is still relatively new and this feeling never does get old.

He grabs my hands and helps me out the car. I was more than fine to do it myself but I love that he was putting so much effort to this. He takes me to a little carriage with a horse and I smile big. He helps me up before coming in after me. He tells the lady we were ready and she takes off.

"Do you know where we are" he asks and I smile big.

"Yeah. We are at Mount Royal."

"I figured you would have been here before" he laughs.

"Not since I was real little. My mom and I came here when my dad was off playing somewhere. She was from Montreal while my dad was from Quebec City, but since Dad played here, this is where we stayed. My mom used to love coming up here for creative inspiration. You can see it all but hear nothing, it was amazing" I explain.

"You are" he says and I scrunch up my nose.

"Do you have any idea how hard it was for me not to argue with you" I ask.

"I do. And I appreciate that you're trying so hard for me."

After about twenty minutes going up hill horse drawn we arrive at the top. I thank the lady and the horse for the ride before they head back down. Corey grabs my hand and laces his fingers through mine. He walks a little in front of me and I follow simply because I have no clue where we were going.

Finally we come up on a clear patch and I smile

Finally we come up on a clear patch and I smile. There was a table with candles and some finger foods on it. Two chairs sat across from each other as rose pedals laid on the ground as still as possible. He takes me over there before turning to me.

"Do you like it" he asks.

"Corey..." I trail off. "This is incredible. I don't even know what to say" I admit.

"I got the idea from your dad. He told me that you always said you wanted to come here and watch the sun set. So I figured since you've been stuck inside for the past four months we should see the city, the whole city" he explains.

"This is lovely" I admit. He pulls out a chair for me to sit in and I do so. He sits across from me before giving me a big smile.

"So, do you come here often" he asks and I laugh.

"After all we have been through that is what you want to start with" I giggle.

"After all we have been though it's hard to find something to talk about. I feel like we have talked about it all" he claims.

"There is always something to talk about. Times change, feelings change. There is always something new there, maybe something that has always been there but you never noticed" I explain.

"There's always something there that I don't notice, but you always seem to bring it out of me" he admits.

"Like what" I wonder.

"My passion for things outside of hockey. It's so easy to walk through life and not have a care about yourself or other people. To not have actual feelings about anything. But to care about something or someone, it's a strong feeling. It's kind of scary at times, but I think it's good for us.

Like when we first met, I was adamant I didn't like you. I was scared of what someone like you could to do me, I didn't want to find out things about myself. I wanted to keep being this guy who strolls through life with no real purpose or feelings. But the more I got to know you the more I wanted to be around you, you were like a drug. And ever so slowly you broke me down, layer by layer you removed that wall I put up and I didn't even realize it. You helped me see how I should be treating myself and the people I care about better. And I am so thankful I stopped trying to deny you being good for me. Because even if it hasn't been easy, it's been more than worth it. Just sitting up here with you is proof enough that I'm doing something right" he explains.

"For a guy who insists he is bad with feelings, that sure was beautiful" I admit.

"I listen to you" he smirks.

We spend the rest of the night just talking. Maybe we weren't talking about anything important, maybe this was the most important conversation of my life. Only time will tell what this moment means. But I know it was going to be one I was going to remember forever.