Secret Admirer

Caroline

Out of all the holidays, I think Valentine's Day is my least favorite. To go on record, I've never had a boyfriend for Valentine's Day and never had a reason to celebrate it. But even if I did I still wouldn't like it. Making money off of people's emotions just seems wrong to me, I don't know. Just seems like a unnecessary holiday.

I wake up early in February the fourteenth and get ready for practice. I pull on my jeans and jacket before pulling my hair into its usual pony tail then topping it off with a baseball cap. I clean off my glasses after brushing my teeth then I was on my way.

I take my new journal into the stands of Johnny's Ice House and join the other writers with the tribune and times and stuff like that. The guys were preparing for a long homestand which I was all about. Any reason to stay home makes me happy.

I sit in the stands and pull out my laptop. I look through my notes and talk about the lines Q had been putting out and the matchups. Things haven't been looking all that great but Q is a great coach, he will do whatever is necessary to win again.

"Umm... is there a Caroline Roy around here" someone asks and I sigh. They never get my last name right, if we were in Canada this would never happen.

"That's me" I say turning around. I see a guy in all black carrying a bouquet of flowers and I get confused.

"These are for you" he says walking down the bleachers and handing me the flowers.

"Oh, well thank you" I say and he nods.

"There's a card in there too" he says and I pull it out. I thank him again before he leaves and I turn to my friends.

"Who is it from" Brian asks. He wrote for the tribune and he was one of my favorite brains to pick.

"Honestly it is probably from my Dad" I laugh. That sounds like him.

I open the card and it said "from your secret admirer". I show everyone and one of my best friends gasp.

"Who is from" she asks and I laugh.

"It's a secret admirer, Bri" I remind her. At least she was hockey smart.

"Who do you think it is" Brian asks.

"I don't know" I admit.

"I have a idea" Bri claims and I raise a eyebrow at her.

"And who would that be" I ask.

"A certain goalie you had a New Years kiss with" she says and my eyes go wide. Everyone in our group turns to me as my jaw drops.

"How did you know about that" I gasp.

"I went to go find you and I saw you dancing with Corey. Then you weren't dancing... you we doing something else" she says raising her eyebrows up and down.

"Oh my goodness, that is so embarrassing" I sigh covering my increasingly red cheeks.

"I thought it was sweet. You guys are so good together" she insists.

"That kiss should have never happened. We were both drunk and messing around" I insist.

"Neither of you guys looked to mind it much" she claims.

"He was dating his girlfriend at the time" I insist.

"But they broke up" she argues.

"That doesn't make what I did okay" I claim.

"He obviously feels something towards you" she argues pointing to the flowers.

"You don't know these are from him" I insist.