Back To My Place

Corey

As the season starts to come to a end we were getting a lot better as a team. My game in itself was getting better, I was on a nice little point streak and the guys were climbing up in the standing. Before we knew it we were in the mix of the playoff race ready to make a strong push.

But before we finish the season and get to the post season we were going to have a little get together at Sharps house for the guys and their significant others. The Sharps just had a baby last year so it couldn't be anything too crazy, but it was something he wanted to do and he usually hosted these things so that's where it was.

I pick up Caroline from her apartment and we head over to Sharps house. We get in and start to walk around to get ourselves acquainted. She already knew everyone in the organization but it's a little different now. I only met Julie because she's friends with some of the girls on the team, so I was just hoping they weren't going to hate Caroline because she's not Julie. Not that that they could ever hate her, she's the nicest person ever, but they were still friends with Julie I'm sure, and I can only imagine the type of shit she is feeding them.

We walk around for a while and end up talking to the Sharps. Caroline ends up holding their little daughter who was about eight months old now. I swear she will never put her back down.

"So Caroline, how has life been treating you" Abbey Sharp asks.

"Pretty well. The team is starting to look really good and I'm excited to be a part of the playoffs again. Maybe even get this little one in the cup" Caroline claims and I laugh.

"One day that's going to be us" I claim and she laughs.

"Hopefully" she admits.

Eventually Caroline reluctantly gives the baby back to her mom and I hang out with the guys. I find Patrick and decide to mess with him because it was too easy sometimes.

"Hey curly head" I tease messing with his hair and he pushes me off.

"What's up you giant teddy bear" he jokes back and I laugh.

"Not much. Enjoying these functions for the first time ever" I admit.

"Where is Caroline? I have some questions for her" he admits.

"She's around here somewhere. Probably picking up after someone... or getting someone a drink" I admit.

"That sounds about right" he agrees. "Because no offense, but I hated Julie" he claims.

"Why would I be offended now when you made that more than obvious every possible chance you would get" I ask.

"I'm just really happy she's gone" he admits.

"Why didn't you like her" I wonder.

"She was obnoxious. The only time she showed up to these things is if there was beer, then she would get drunk and annoying. I couldn't take it. Plus she kinda flirted with all the single guys when you were literally two feet away" he lists off.

"She wasn't perfect" I defend.

"And neither is Caroline. But at least I know Caroline comes here because she loves you and likes your friends and she's not just looking for drama or to hook up. She's actually enjoyable to be around" he claims.

"Julie wasn't that bad" I insist.

"I get that for whatever reason you can't see it... but she was terrible" he claims patting my chest. He takes off to do whatever it is Patrick Kane does and I stand there alone for a little.

I guess I was pretty blind to all of that and I always defended her. But I don't have to anymore. I don't have to be afraid to bring my girlfriend to important events or anywhere a guy is single. I'm not worried about what my friends think of her because they love Caroline as much as I do.

"Crawford" someone screams and I snap out of my trance. I turn around and see Caroline waving me over. I walk over and wrap my arm around her waist.

"What's up" I ask.

"What do you think about a double date next Friday with Amanda and pickle head over here" she asks and I laugh.

"I would love to go, but only because you called him pickle head" I insist.

"I need to talk to coach Q about that. Let's leave the nicknames to Seab's" he insists.

"If I gave you a nickname it would still be pickle head" he insists and I shake my head. That poor man will never get rid of it.

"So is it a plan" Amanda asks.

"It's a date" Caroline smiles.

After a night full of laughs and fun and games it was time to go home. We needed to finish up the season strong and get ready to play for lord Stanley.

I start to drive home and Caroline finds whatever radio station she wants to listen to. She finds one she likes and relaxes into her seat resting her arm on the center counsel. I grab her hand and lace her fingers through mine. I can feel her smile at me as my eyes stay on the road.

"Are you coming back to my place" I ask.

"What are your motives Crawford" she questions.

"To spend time with my girlfriend because lord knows we're not going to have a lot of time coming up" I defend.

"We have to be at work early though" she insists.

"And we can save time by heading over there together" I insist.

"You're not going to take no for a answer, are you" she asks.

"Look at you being all smart" I tease.

"Fine! I will spend the night" she laughs.

"There's no better feeling than guilting my girlfriend into spending time with me" I joke and she squeezes my hand.

"You know that is not the issue here" she insists.

"I know. But I'm not going to hurt you, ever. I promise" I insist. She gives me a great smile that makes me feel like I can fly and I finally turn my head over to her. She gives me a wink and I just shake my head.

Eventually we get back to my place and we go up to my apartment. I change into comfy clothes and she does too. She doesn't have a lot of her things over here but I give her one of my shirts to wear if she wanted. I brush my teeth before going to climb into bed.

I walk in my room and see Caroline curled up in bed already. Her hair in a big messy bun on top of her head and her glasses sitting on the bed frame next to her. Nothing but a my shirt and underwear on as she sits on my bed. She pats the spot next to me and I jump into the bed. She giggles as I crawl over to her and pull her into a kiss. I feel her smile as I pull her next to me. I softly grab her leg and pull it over me so she was on top of me and we break apart.

"Hey Caroline" I say.

"Yeah Crawford" she replies.

"I love you."