Marry Me | Dean Winchester

Summary: Based on Marry Me by Thomas Rhett.

QOTP: Would you rather marry Sam or Dean?

Word Count: 2084

She wants to get married. She wants it perfect. She wants her grandaddy preaching the service. Yeah, she wants magnolias out in the country. Not too many people, save her daddy some money. Oh, she got it all planned out. Yeah, I can see it all right now.

"Wow," you whispered, crouched over a photo album on the floor, Dean Winchester next to you. His two-year-old brother, Sam, was asleep upstairs.

"That's your mom and dad?" Dean asked, pointing to the photo of your parents on their wedding day. You nodded, recognizing your parents even though the photo was taken before either you or Dean were born.

"What are you doing?" Bobby Singer stood in the doorway to the living room, looking down at you two on the floor. "What book is that?" He walked over to you and leaned over, then spotted the pictures of your parents' wedding and smiled. "I remember that day. Your dad was shaking like a leaf all the way to the reception. He can kill anything without breaking a sweat, but your mom can make him nervous without even trying."

"Do you have any pictures of my mom and dad?" Dean asked, looking up at Bobby, who grabbed another book from his many shelves and settled down with it on the couch. The two of you scrambled to sit next to him. After flipping a few pages, he pointed to a picture.

"That there, son, is your mommy and daddy the day they got married." He looked at the photo, remembering, while you and Dean studied it in awe. Finally, he stood, leaving the album open on the couch. "I better go check on Sam."

A few minutes after he was gone, you took your eyes away from the picture and looked at Dean. "I'm gonna look like Cinderella at my wedding."

"You can't get married until you're older," Dean replies simply.

You rolled your eyes. "I know that, stupid. But when I do, I'm gonna wear a ball gown and look like Cinderella."

Dean looked at his dad in the picture. "Well, I don't think I have a choice on what I wear 'cause all the suits look the same."

"That's 'cause weddings aren't about the boy, stupid. They're about the girl, and she makes all the decisions." You began to explain to him the venue, the food, the color scheme, and the flowers you wanted at your wedding.

I'll wear my black suit, black tie, hide out in the back. I'll do a strong shot of whiskey straight out the flask. I'll try to make it through without crying, so nobody sees. Yeah, she wanna get married.

"You doin' alright?" Dean asks over the phone. You call each other weekly, just so you don't lose touch. That was one of the things you were afraid of when you decided to leave the hunter life and pursue a normal career.

"I'm great," you reply, the news you want to tell him just on the surface, because you're not sure if you should. You told Sam last week with no problem, but it's harder to tell Dean.

"You don't have news you'd like to share?" he asks, waiting for you mention it.

You hesitate. "No."

"Sam told me, Y/N/N."

"Okay, okay, I met a guy. So what?"

"So what?!" Dean shouts. "This is a big deal!"