Preference: Make-Up | Sherlock

I posted a short one-shot type thing called "Anything but the War", so you should go check that out. It's hecka depressing but it only takes five minutes to read, so why not get punched in the feels?

Summary: The boys of Sherlock and you... and make-up.

QOTP: Do you wear make-up?

Word Count: 480

Jim -
Jim doesn't wear make-up - he's already too perfect. He does, however, take you to buy make-up.

And, boy, does he love swatching.

He's obsessed with swatching. He'd run around like a little kid swatching everything. "Y/N, look at this color, this one's pretty." It's cute and hilarious at the same time.

Sometimes, you even do his make-up.

"I look... fabulous. If looks could kill, I wouldn't need Moran. This highlight could assassinate someone."

John -
John's currently attempting to do your make-up.

Let's just say it's not going too well.

"What the- What is this for?" he asks, holding up a beauty blender.

You laugh, "I'm not telling." You thought it'd be funnier if you didn't tell him anything, considering he knows next to nothing about make-up.

He put mascara on your eyebrows, used blush as eyeshadow, put highlighter in all the wrong places, and got lipstick all over your chin. Not to mention the eyeliner.

We... We don't talk about the eyeliner.

Sherlock -
You couldn't fall asleep last night and obviously Sherlock wasn't in bed with you. It would be a rare surprise if he was. Actually, he was in the lounge, rummaging around. You could hear him; he was probably working on his latest case. You only managed to get to sleep when he started to play his violin.

When you get up for work, you're too exhausted to bother. So, you don't wear make-up, like you usually do when you leave the house.

Walking into the lounge, you notice John at the desk - he's helping with the case - and Sherlock looking at the evidence and things he pinned to wall over the couch.

They both turn when you enter.

"You have work today," Sherlock says.

As you go to the kitchen to make some tea, you reply, "Yes, I do."

"You're not wearing make-up."

"Too tired. Is that a problem?"

"No. Actually, it's quite the opposite."

You turn. "What do you mean?"

With his usual nonchalant, careless air he says, "You look so much better without it."

You scoff. "Where'd you hear that one from? John or the internet?"

"I didn't tell him that," John says.

Meanwhile, Sherlock is confused. "What are you talking about? I was merely stating fact."

"You've gotten quite good at compliments," you say.

"That wasn't a compliment. I don't know what you're talking about."

And with the way he says it... you can tell that he truly believes it.

And that's much better than a compliment.