Volleyball | Dean Winchester

Summary: The volleyball player meets the football player. And it's cute.

QOTP: Do you play volleyball?

Word Count: 1389

"Send it over!" your teammate yells.

You're playing four-on-four at practice. [For those of you who don't know what that means: a setter, an outside hitter, a right side hitter, and a back row hitter play another group of the same positions. When you lose, you wait to go on again and another group takes your place. When you win, you go to the opposite side of the net. You only get points when you win on that side. The first group to five points wins.] Your team is on the winning side, and you hit right, so that's where you're standing.

It's a week before try-outs, and your coach had organized practices so you would be ready.

"It's over, it's over!" you yell.

The ball goes deep, and you run for it, but the back hitter on your team gets to it first; yelling, "Mine, mine, mine!" "Help it!" they call; it doesn't make it to the setter.

You run for it, shouting, "I got it, I got it!"

"Set it here!" the outside hitter yells. You send it to them, and they hit it over.

"It's outside, it's outside!" the other groups yell.

"Mine!" The back hitter on the other side bumps it to the setter.

"Out, out, out!" The outside hitter takes their approach, despite the wonky set. The ball touches the top of the net, so the hitter taps it over.

"Tip, tip, tip!" Your teammates yell. You go for it, but the setter passes it to the back hitter before you get there. Back hitter sends it over.

Not expecting that, the outside hitter on the other side doesn't get to it, and desperately dives, but sends it into the net. Their setter goes for it, but it was so low that they knock it out of the court, diving in the process.

Your team high-fives, already at three points.

As another group walks on, thunder cracks outside. Guess football can't practice today, you think.

"Balls up!" someone yells.

It's the other group's serve, as usual, so you're down in defense position. When it goes over the net, however, the more inexperienced player - back hitter - yells, "Mine!" and passes it off the court instead of to the setter. You're closest, so you go running for it.

What you don't know is that two football players are walking inside because of the rain.

You passes the ball back just in time, yelling, "I got it, I got it!" out of habit, and hoping someone would hit it over.

You end up diving, and hit the floor directly in front of one of the football players, nearly causing them to trip.

"Sorry!" you call, glancing back as you get up and run back onto the court; the setter had hit it over.

As soon as you're back in, the outside hitter from the other side passes it over. "Free!" teammates yell.

"I got it, I got it!" your outside hitter shouts, passing it.

"Set it back!" you yell, and the setter sets it to you. You take your approach and swing, spiking it.

"Short!" someone yells.