See You Around? | Will Pinkerton

This wonderful show was cancelled with the biggest cliffhanger at the end and I have never been more upset over a show ever. Probably.

Part 2?

Summary: You're a schoolteacher in Kanas City, Missouri, where Will Pinkerton - the detective - happens to be stationed at the moment. It's a wonder you didn't run into him before...

QOTP: Considering I can't find a single fanfic about this show and no one talks about it, have you seen The Pinkertons?

Word Count: 2095

It's Wednesday evening, and you honestly just can't be bothered to make yourself dinner. So, seeing as you haven't gone in a while, you decide to go to the saloon to eat instead.

You make sure to sit as far away from the bar and drunken men as possible (mostly to protect your reputation), so you end up at a table in the back corner.

Still, Will Pinkerton manages to spot you...

////

"Who is that?" Will asks, trying to sound casual. He's talking to the barmaid, Annalee. She knows just about everyone who enters her saloon and/or rents a room in the hotel upstairs, like Will has.

"Y/N Y/L/N," she replies. "The schoolteacher."

"I've never seen her before," Will says, his eyes still glued to the woman in the back corner. She's beautiful - no one could deny it, especially not Will.

Annalee rolls her eyes, walking around the bar to take the woman's order. "It's probably for the best."

////

You don't wait long after sitting down; Annalee quickly arrives at your table with a smile. "Long time, no see, stranger. What can I get you?" You smile back, genuinely and brightly, and place your order. Before leaving to go get it, Annalee asks, "So, where have you been? I haven't seen you here in a while."

You sigh. "Cooking my own meals at home - money and all. I just couldn't be bothered to make dinner today."

"Well, then, we'll have to make it for you," she replies. You thank her, and she leaves to go get your food.

////

"So?" Will asks when Annalee arrives back at the bar.

"So, what?" she asks, preparing a plate.

"So, did she say anything about me?"

Annalee stops and sighs. "Will, I don't think she even noticed you at all. And, like I said: It's probably for the best."

"Or probably not," Will replies hopefully.

Annalee shakes her head. "Will Pinkerton, you leave that poor woman alone. She'd probably reject you, anyway."

"Well, gee, thanks," Will replies, taking a swig of his drink.

Annalee sighs. "That's not what I meant. The thing is, Will... if her students' parents saw her hanging around with you, some of 'em would think it an outrage. Why do you think she's sitting all the way over there? If people got mad enough, they could get her fired. And, anyway, even if she didn't reject you, she couldn't handle the stress of being with you."

"What does that mean?"

"You're a Pinkerton Detective, Will. You're almost constantly in danger." With that, she leaves to go give Y/N her food.

Will looks back at Y/N as she accepts the plate from Annalee gratefully. He thinks for a moment.

And, in typical Will fashion, he decides it's worth a shot.