Preference: Staring | PJO + HoO

Summary: You catch him staring.

QOTP: Who is your favorite character from PJO?

Word Count: 644

Frank -
You're sitting next to him in the forest. He's leaning against a tree as you're animatedly telling him a story. The glint in your eyes, the hand gestures, the voices.

It's absolutely breathtaking.

Frank is hardly listening to a word, just watching your expression as he smiles. You're so... beautiful. He can't believe how lucky he is.

Suddenly, you're snapping your fingers close to his face. "Hey, panini head, are you listening to me?"

He jumps. "Wh-What? Yeah, yeah, of course..."

Grover -
You're with Grover in the Strawberry fields, picking strawberries. You talk and joke and laugh for what feels like hours.

Grover, while picking, looks over at you. Your hair is tucked behind your ear [if it's that long], your knees are covered in dirt, and you just look... beautiful.

After a bit, you look up at him. "We done yet, lover boy?"

"W-What?" he asks. "Oh, yeah. I guess."

You walk over to him, smirking as you start heading to the Big House.

"By the way, you should take a picture; it'll last longer."

Jason -
You're watching TV with Jason, and you're super invested. Jason honestly couldn't care less; he's too busy watching you.

Your focus is completely on the screen, your expression changing with every twist and turn of the plot. Sometimes, you'll mumble something (usually about something that doesn't make sense or a plea with a character to not do something).

When it cuts to commercial, you look back at Jason, to find him already looking at you. "... What?"

"You're so... cute."

"Thank you?"

Leo -
You're helping Leo out with Festus repairs in Bunker 9. In all honesty, you've hardly any idea what you're doing, but you're trying anyways.

Leo gives you all the easier tasks while he does the rest. There's something simple wrong with Festus' ear and he explained to you how to fix it earlier.

Grease on his face and his hair more a mess than usual, he looks up at you to see how you're doing.

You're intensely concentrated, sort of hunched over the work table, almost squinting while biting your lip.

And Leo melts.

His two favorite things in the world... he can't help but watch you work. Suddenly, you grin widely. "I think I did it!"

You look up at him only to find him already looking at you. You blush. "I, uh, I think I did it."

Leo, also blushing, walks over to you to inspect your handiwork.

Percy -
You're sitting next to Percy on the roof of his cabin; it's the fourth of July. There's fireworks going off, one after the other, and you can't help but stare in awe.

Percy, however, is staring at you.

Your face is lit up like a child's, and your smile is wide. He can't get over how adorable you are.

Then, after a particularly cool firework, you look over at him. "Did you see that?!" you ask excitedly.

It takes Percy a second to snap out of it. "Y-Yeah. Yeah."

"... Were you staring?"

"No!"

You give him a pointed look. He shrugs. "What can I say? You're too cute not to look at."

Tyson -
Leo just told you a joke about Mr. D that has you dying. You're laughing so hard you can barely breathe. Tyson's sitting next to you, unable to stop looking at the smile on your face.

Leo's laughing at you more than anything because of how funny you found the joke, so he doesn't notice the small smile on Tyson's face as you continue to laugh. Eventually you catch your breath, then look over at Tyson. He's already looking at you.

"What?" you ask.

Tyson smiles. "You are very cute."

Leo bursts out laughing at the crimson blush on your face.