She said yes

Chapter 23

I woke up the next morning feeling well rested. I haven't felt this good in a while and I knew exactly why I was feeling so happy. I had finally confessed my feeling to Travis and not only that, but he confessed too.

I looked up and smiled at Travis, who was still sound asleep. Sometime during the night I must have turned because I woke up with my face buried in his chest and our arms around each other. Travis let out a deep breath and he looked so freaking cute sleeping.

Who would have guessed that Roner was right all along abut Kelvis? I mean he called it from the beginning and if only I knew it then, I would have confessed to Travis, but was too scared.

Dad would be proud of Nate and myself. Thinking of Nate made me realize that he wanted me to help him out so that he could propose to Jolene. I frowned and wondered what he had in mind for that. I would have to talk to him later to find out. I sighed and closed my eyes when a very deep and sexy voice made me smile.

"Morning baby." Travis mumbled as he put his face in my hair. I chuckled and turned my face up to see him.

"Morning baby." I said back. He opened his eyes and smiled at me as he leaned in and kissed me. I could really get used to this. His warm and soft lips on mine felt absolutely amazing. Goosebumps erupted my skin as he reached up to cup my neck and pulled me closer to him.

"I can get used to this." Travis mumbled against my lips making me giggle. He took that to his advantage as he slipped his tongue in my mouth making me moan into his mouth. A loud knocking at the door made us jump apart.

"Are you guys up?" I cursed under my breath. Give it to my brother to ruin a perfectly good moment. Travis looked down at me as if asking me if it was ok. I sighed and nodded making him chuckle and give me a chaste kiss.

"Hold on." Travis called back and got up to go unlock and open the door.

"Oh uh was I interrupting something?" Nate asked and I rolled my eyes at the door while Travis snickered and opened the door.

"No dude. We just woke up. What's up?" Travis asked walking back to the bed.

"Uh can I talk to you guys real quick?" He asked a little nervous making me frown at him. Something was bothering him.

"What's up Naty?" I asked him as I sat up and crossed my legs. Nate glanced behind him and then closed the door. He came to sit on the bed and took a deep breath.

"I need you to distract Jo for the day." He said in a hushed and rushed tone. Travis and I looked at each other and frowned.

"Ok, but why?" I asked and Travis just sat there silently and watched us. Nate glanced between Travis and I and then had a small smile but it was gone as he frowned again. Something was really bothering him and I didn't like it.

"I-I-I'm.." Nate trailed off and I rose my eyebrows and nodded my head for him to carry on. He took a deep breath then finally spat it out. "I'm going to ask her today." I perked up and beamed at my brother while Travis frowned at us.

"Ask her what?" Travis asked glancing between the two of us.

"He's proposing to her today!" I whisper yelled. Nate glared at me, most probably afraid that someone heard me but then his eyes softened and a smile broke out over his features as he nodded.

"Congrats man." Travis said slapping my brother on the back.

"Thanks man. Will you guys help me?" He asked and I nodded as well as Travis.

"How are you going to do it?" I asked excitedly and Nate bowed his head and shook it.

"I have no idea." He said with a heavy sigh. I bit my lip and narrowed my eyes as I tried to think of something.