The attempt

Chapter 11

"Hey Kels do you want to go try out the backflip today?" Travis asked walking out of his bathroom fresh from a shower.

"I thought we leave today?" I asked confused. Travis walked over to his closet and I pulled the covers over my head to not see him getting dressed. Especially since I had another one of those damn dreams of him and me again.

"Our flight only leaves tonight. We still have the whole day." the covers were yanked off of me and I found myself staring into Travis's eyes as he hovered over me with a huge smile. "So what do you say Kelsey?"

I bit my lip and debated whether I wanted to try doing the backflip or not. "Ok" I sighed and pushed Travis away so that I can get up. He chuckled and shook his head as I walked out of his room. I went over to the room that had my bags in them and got out some clean clothes. I will take a shower before we leave later on.

I was about to change into my clothes but there was a knock at the door.

"Yeah?" I asked as the door opened a little. Travis popped his head in and smiled at me.

"Put on your bikini and I'll meet you at the pool" and just like that he was gone again. I stared at the closed door confused with a frown. Why did I have to be in my bikini? I thought we were going to try the backflip into the pit?

I shrugged and rummaged through my bag until I found a bikini. It was my black one. I put it on and tied the strings then pulled on my black denim shorts and my white tank top over it. I grabbed my black flip flops from the bag and slipped them on then walked out of the room.

I went down stairs and walked through the gym and stepping outside. I looked around and saw no one outside. I thought Travis told me to meet him out by the pool? I sighed and walked over to the edge of the pool to feel the water. The next thing I knew I was swallowing the water from surprise.

I gasped for air and held on to the two arms that were wrapped around me from behind. Travis was laughing into my neck as I coughed and wiped the water from my eyes.

"You scared the living hell out of me." I said resting my head back against his shoulder.

"Sorry Kelsey. I just saw you standing there and I just had to dive you into the pool. Water feels pretty good though." he let go of me and swam to the edge "Come on."

"Ok what does swimming have to do with the backflip?" I asked him as I swam over to him. I pulled myself out of the pool and glanced down at my wet clothes. I glared up at Travis and he just smiled. I pulled the wet shirt over my head which wasn't that easy since it was sticking to my body more than necessary.

"Well you have to first be able to do a backflip off the diving plank. It helped with the movement you know?" he asked as he watched me pull the denim down my legs. There was nothing I hated more than wet denims.

"Ok. Sounds easy enough" I shrugged and tossed my clothes to the side.

"Hey guys" Tommy smiled as he came to sit on one of the chairs "What are you guys up to?"

"Backflip training" Travis smiled at Tommy then glanced at me again.

"Can I help?" Jo asked as she let go of Nate's hand as they too walked out to the pool.

"Sure thing Jo. You may be able to help her better than I do" Travis shrugged and walked over to the plank. He walked to the edge and then jumped a little and did a backflip into the water.

"Show off" I chuckled and he just smiled and yup there goes the thumbs up.

"Your turn Kels" he said floating on his back. I nodded and walked to the plank. I did my little jump and did a backflip into the pool. "Who's the show off now?" Travis asked with a smirk.