Long Road

Chapter 14

"Where the hell were you guys?" Nate asked as we stepped into the lobby with our bags. I looked at Travis confused and he just shrugged.

"In the room?" It came out as a question more than an answer since I was so confused.

"We were all waiting for you guys to show up at the finish line of the Baja and you guys never showed up, nor did you reply to any texts or answer any calls." Nate said a little annoyed. He hates it when I don't answer my phone. He's a little overbearing sometimes.

"Sorry?" I shrugged with a small smile. Nate sighed and rolled his eyes. "We kind of fell asleep and my phone must've died during the night."

"Well Gregg was the firs man ever to win solo driving." Jolene said smiling. At least she was in a better mood than Nate was.

"Oh wow. Where is he?" I asked looking around to try and spot him so that I could congratulate him.

"He's already in the van. He's dead tired." Special said walking past me.

"Me too. I think I'm sleeping on the way to Lake Havasu." Travis said with a yawn. We walked to the vehicles and jaw dropped. It was motor homes. Travis chuckled when he saw my face. "Red Bull sent them for us to travel in. They want their athletes traveling in style. We won't actually be sleeping in them though."

"Wow that is pretty amazing." I smiled as we walked up to the cars. There was also two Ford trucks with two huge trailers behind them. One had Travis Pastrana 199 on the side and the other Nitro Circus. I take it all the bikes and goodies were in them.

I stepped onto the motor home after Travis and took in the beautiful interior. It was all cream leather. There were two seats upfront then a lounge with a couch big enough to comfortably seat 4 people and two recliners. A small kitchen equipped with everything, a bathroom with a shower and then to the of the bus was a bedroom. There was a double bed back there a long with a tv on the wall.

"Seems like we're going to be roomies for the next few hours." Jim said as he stepped onto the van. I was so hoping that Eric wasn't behind him. I let out a sigh of relieve when Special stepped on and Tommy P after him. It wasn't that I didn't like Eric, he just really got a little too much with the whole Kelvis thing.

"Well I got dibs on the bed in the back!" Travis yelled from the back, probably already on the bed.

"I call dibs on the recliner!" Tommy said with a laugh as he sat down and kicked his feet out. He sighed with a smile and that made us all laugh. Jim went on the recliner next to his and Special spread out on the couch. Great that left me in the passenger seat. Oh these guys are such gentlemen. I rolled my eyes and walked over to go sit next to Hubert. He would be driving for now.

"Hey Kelsey." he smiled as he got in and started the bus.

"Hey Hubert." I smiled back and buckled myself in.

"So you ready for the long road ahead?" he smiled as he pulled off and drove behind the bus in front of us.

"Hell no. I don't think it can be fun being stuck in a bus for more than 21hours with these guys." I said chuckling as I pointed my thumb over my shoulder at them. Hubert glanced in his mirror then laughed too. They were currently arguing about what chocolate bar was better.

"This is going to be a long drive." Hubert said shaking his head amused. For the next couple of minutes we were quiet as we listened to the guys bicker. Special sighed and got up walking to us.

"Mind if we swap places for a while Kels?" he asked with a smile. Just as I was about to say something my phone buzzed on the dash where I put it down while it was charging. I grabbed it and checked the text.