Getting closer

After couple days...

He still felt a little shocked, bad even. And now, he was hungry. Sometimes food helped to ease the bad feeling.

Kit was heading to the kitchen. He took some of his favorite cereals and mixed them together with his favorite strawberry-banana yogurt. 'Yummy...' He thought himself. Before he sat at the table, he went to the fridge and took his dragon fruit juice.

He sat down. It has been a long time since he was able to be alone in the kitchen. There always were some people in here. Dad, mom, their friends, neighbors... Now it was silent. Almost too silent. He liked it though.

Silence. A mans best friend.

He drank his juice, gulp by gulp. It made him remember the water. The ocean. The water in his lungs. In his eyes. In his nose. In his mouth. Remember the scene that he made. The worry from his friend's face.

He winced. 

'I can't think it anymore' He mumbled to himself.

Kit's POV

'I need to take hold of myself. This isn't going to work out if I only think the past. It's in the past. Can't do anything about it.'

'Maybe if I talked to someone...'

I took a spoonful of my cereal. 'What would Ming say about this, what would be his reaction, his suggestions.'

Wait, what? Where did Ming's name come from. Why would I even want to tell him? I have Beam and Yo. Why Ming?

I literally met him once. Can I even trust him in this?

He IS my friend though... 

I could tell him...

He doesn't know my parents...

He wouldn't tell them...

Tell anyone...

'I want to see him.'

Huh? Why did I say it like that? Odd...

Well, I guess I just miss him or something, I don't really know.

Normally I am worried about my friends, no matter how new they were.

Not that I had many friends...

I should call him. I got his number from Beam yesterday. (If you wonder, yes, I asked for it.)

I really got this feeling that I need to know him better. I want to tell him about the accident. I think it's fair to him to know.

Ming was my friend, still... Telling him about this, calling him randomly, felt weird.
Why is it weird?
He's a friend, just like Beam and Yo.

I picked up my cell, and chose his number. It was saved under the name Mingkwan.

It beeped couple of times. Maybe he is still sleeping. Or somewhere without his phone. The call ended.

I called again.

Nothing.

Well, third's the charm.

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Answer. Finally.

"Heeeey Kitkaat! How are you little choco? Everything fine? I sure hope so! Sorry I didn't answer at first, I was in the shower." He sounded so happy. Exited even. I was happy to know that he wasn't avoiding me or anything. Why would he? Stupid thoughts of mine...