☆11☆

"He doesn't know?!" I exclaimed in disbelief. I was with Kaneki in his apartment and we were waiting for Hide later that same day to meet with us to leave for dinner at one of my favourite restaurants, F/RN (Favourite restaurant name).

Kaneki sighed. "I'm afraid so. Even if I know Hide longer than I've known you, I can't tell him. I'm not supposed to tell anybody, and when you found out, it was an accident... Sorta. Promise me you won't say anything, Y/N, I swear to god." He then glares sharply and I lightly giggle to myself at his face.

I crossed my heart. "I promise to not tell Hide that you're a ghoul."

Kaneki smiled, and thundering pounding came from outside of the apartment's door. Being closer to the door, Kaneki swung it open and Hide gushes and embraces his best friend, making a BIG scene. I quietly laughed to myself in the background, and when Kaneki finally was free from Hide's grasps, he grabs his keys and locks up. The three of us marched towards the elevator and wait outside for the public bus to take us to the nearest stop of central Tokyo.

Tokyo's streets were full and bright by the bustling of people and advertisement screens everywhere, even if it was in the evening! We cross the street with another crowd of people, and after many sore moments later, we arrive at F/RN.

We are greeted by the host, ask for a table of 3, and are then seated in the table by the window.

"Y/N! What are you gonna order?" asked Hide excitedly. I place down the menu. I already had the menu memorized since I come here so often with Grandma. Even some of the waitors and waitresses recognized me as a regular.

"I'm craving for the [Insert F/D (favourite dish) from F/RN]. Their F/D is the best by far!!"

"Is it really?" wondered Hide, flipping to the page where F/D was listed. "Mkay, well if it's good, then I'll try it! I mean, I don't really come here often, so I'll try anything that's good. Y/N, it's even their specialty!" he gestured to the italic white font under F/D's title.

"I know!" I laughed when Hide does.

Hide turned to Kaneki, beaming, "What are you gonna order, Kaneki?"

Kaneki flinched when I do and he side-glances the menu again. "Um.... Let's see. The [Insert the cheapest and low-calorie dish from F/RN]."

"Whaaaaaaatttt?!" exclaimed Hide. "That's boring! You're not gonna get some of the dishes Y/N and I are getting?"

"No, it's okay, Hide. I already ate some snacks earlier and sadly spoiled my appetite," Kaneki said casually, and I silently think to myself about the package he ate earlier before we left for dinner, and how good of a liar he is... Wait. That can't be good, can it?! *laughs*

"Aw, okay. Whatever you say..." Hide dismissed the thought and turns to me again. Hide and I talk some more as Kaneki quietly laughs to himself and watches from the sidelines. I start to tell Hide about my background and Grandma, about Mom and the stars, about work, and about James and Bree. The food arrived and it was AMAZING like always!! Kaneki and I take turns telling an excited Hide about how we met, our current relationship, and I told Hide about my previous relationship with Ben, and then about Janine.

"Janine, huh..." I caught Hide muttering to himself when we were close to finishing (the) F/D. "Janine Himura, right?"

"Um... yes...?" I questioned. Ben didn't actually tell me her last name so I ended up finding Janine's Instagram right then and there and figured out she was a Himura. I asked Hide how does he know about Janine.

"She was a mid-year transfer back in my English class from high school," he said. "Kaneki wasn't in my class that one year, but I remember a bit about my classmates. She was always loud and brassy with some of the girls, but by herself she's an entire different person."