☆2☆

The air was soon growing chiller than the days before, causing me to wear two more layers under my jacket. It's gone colder than ever and more ghouls seem to avoid the weather during the night. Good news for me, I can stay late to watch the starry night sky, again.

"—Y/N!"

I perked my head from under my daydreaming state and realized I was sitting in Anteiku with Bree and James. I've been so tired lately, I forgot that it was our lunch break during work.

"Y-Yeah...?"

"We're ordering," muttered Bree, gesturing with her eyes towards the eye patched guy.

The one named Kaneki.

I flushed in embarrassment and exclaimed,
"Oh! I'll get the cappuccino with extra sugar, like always. Please!"

"Sure..." he said, writing down my order.

We made eye contact once again and this time Kaneki blushed and turned towards the bar, walking away.

I turned to face my best friends, a playful smirk across against their faces.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," James uttered. "It's weird that you've been always watching Kaneki from a distance."

I flushed realizing he was right. "T-That's not true!!" I lied. "Bree!"

Her smirk widened. "I agree with the big guy," she responded. "From my observations, you've been ignoring us every time we visit here. Is there something you should tell us, Y/N?"

I paused. "N-No," I muttered under my breath. "Maybe..."

"Ah ha!" exclaimed James. "You've got feelings for the eyepatch boy! I wouldn't blame ya anyway. He is kinda cute!!"

"He is..." I said, side-glancing Kaneki working with a customer from afar.

"Why don't you ask him out, Y/N?" asked James where I shushed him to shut-up.

"Are you kidding? What if he says no?"

"Then forget about him," stated Bree. "There's bound to be another guy just waiting for you."

I furrowed my brows in bother. "You said the same thing when I broke up with Ben a few years ago."

Ben was my ex-boyfriend back when I believed he was the creator of my stars. However, after finding out he's been cheating on me with other women, I decided it wasn't meant to be after all and mentally forgot about those stars. I was depressed for a long time, however I'm glad I had two supporting best friends who were always there for me, especially for devising a secret plan of kicking Ben's ass out of my life.

"I never really like that guy, anyway," commented James. "He was a real jerk."

"And still is," I added in a serious tone.

James rubbed his chin as if remembering something significant. "There was a vibe that seemed suspicious from him whenever we'd hang out. You wouldn't understand because you were all over him that time. It was almost as if he was a—"

"Here's your drinks," interrupted Kaneki, placing our beverages on the table.

"Thanks," said James and Bree in unison.

"Thank-you," I responded where I caught a light dust of pink to rose upon the eye patched boy's cheeks, again.

"You're... welcome," he replied grinning, before looking away.

Before I were to say something, Touka immediately called over Kaneki for help and I watch as the eye patched boy bows an apology and leaves a wondering me gawking behind.