☆7☆

"Y/N?"

I scurried towards Kaneki's bedroom and squished myself behind the door. I silently snickered to myself as I waited for his arrival.

"Y/N?" called a wondering Kaneki. "Y/N, where are you?" His voice traveled from his bathroom through the bedroom wall.

Before I were to make my sneaky attempt to frighten my boyfriend, Kaneki slammed the door open, crushing my tiny body in the process.

"AYEEEEEEE!!!!" I yelped, startling him in alarm.

"God, Y/N, what are you doing there?!" he cried with shocked eyes.

"M-Merry Christmas...!" I managed to mumble a response, holding my bruised forehead.

"You okay?" he asked anxiously through gritted teeth, observing my painful state.

I teased him with a sharp glare. "No, Kaneki. I'm not okay. You almost crushed my entire body! Have you been training behind my back, again?"

"... Yeah. I didn't know my strength increased my abilities as a human too. That's... pretty good." He gazed down at his hands, gradually massaging his fingers.

It was silent for a moment that I began shrieking like a child,
"Look, Kaneki!!" and slid the closet door wide open.

I fumbled my way to the very back wall behind Kaneki's newly-scented clothes and removed a small, strawberry-coloured, boxed parcel, swiftly hiding it behind me.

"Sit down first and close your eyes."

I gestured towards Kaneki's bed, where he sat crisscrossed and I jumped right beside him.

"Y/N. What's going on?" he asked, eyes closed and a slight grin across his face.

I shushed him, and gave him a quick peck on his lips before stuffing my gift between his fingers.

"Okay! You can open your eyes now!"

He obeyed, and his grin widens in surprise.

"Open it!!" I gleamed.

"Okay okay!!" he hurried and unties the green and white ribbon, opening the parcel and discovering a long, silver chain with a pendant of a white star created by even tinier white stars.

"It's... a necklace?" he blinked.

"Hmph. What's wrong? You don't like it?" I questioned, disappointment visible upon my face.

Kaneki, taken aback from my sudden mood change, widened his eyes in terror. "No, it's not that! I do like it! Just... what's the stars supposed to represent?"

I scoffed. "Well... Do you remember that night when I explained about finding my stars?"

Kaneki hesitated. "Oh, yeah... So, I'm your creator then, right?" He said, turning the pendant between his fingers while studying the intricate details.

I nodded in reply. "You sure are!"

Kaneki grinned. "Well, then it sure is an honor."

"Aw, you," I giggled, and Kaneki immediately pulled me into a big bear hug.

"Thank-you, Y/N," he breathed. "I didn't expect you to get me a gift. I feel bad because I don't have anything to give you."