☆3☆

I peeked an eye open and recognized I was in my bed with last night's clothes on.

It really was a dream, I thought to myself.

I carefully sat up, stretched and yawned before I turned my phone on and realized...

"I'M LATE!!!!"

Hurrying out down the stairs with my hair in a bundle and wearing leggings with a woolly hoodie, I quickly raced to grab my breakfast and lunch kit before stopping to give a quick kiss good-bye to Grandma.

"Bye, Dear." She smiled. "Have a good day."

"I'll try." I slightly grinned in response, rushing to the door.

"Oh, Y/N! Wait!" cried Grandma.

My feet planted in my tracks and I prevented myself from crashing into the door. "What is it, Grandma?"

"Is there something you need to tell me about that handsome boy who dropped-by and left you in your bed, Dear?"

My eyes widened in absolute shock and the memories flooded my mind.

No no no!! I cried to myself. Are you kidding? It was all just a dream! That couldn't have happened, right?

"I... I don't understand what you mean," I lied.

"He had dark hair and somehow knew where you lived as he came over and tucked you in bed."
She suddenly chuckled to herself. "You were asleep the entire time and couldn't seem to get your hands off him."

I immediately flushed bright red picturing Grandma's description of me attached to Kaneki and never letting go.
"Grandma!" I shriek. "He's just-- I mean--"

"It's alright, Dear," she chuckled once again. "I understand he's your new boyfriend and my, what an excellent choice he is too!"

"G-G-G-Grandma!! He's n-not my boyf--"

"Oh, goodness me! Look at the time! You better hurry, Y/N! Don't want to be late for school!!"

I quickly nodded a reply. "R-Right! Bye, Grandma!!" And with that I shut the door behind me and sprinted towards my school.

~***~

By the time I made it inside the classroom, I collapsed in my chair from exhaustion.

"Miss, Y/LN, you're late, again," commented my teacher.

"S-Sorry, Sir!" I apologized as I sat up in my chair of embarrassment. "I promise to be punctual tomorrow!!"

He scoffed. "Now, as I was saying--"

My teacher continued the lesson and I felt a nudge on my left elbow. It was James.

"I heard from Bree there was a ghoul incident you encoutered the other day," he whispered. "You okay?"

"Yeah, still healing though," I whispered back. "Do you know if Bree researched about the one-eyed ghoul?"

"No. You can ask her about it at lunch though--"

"--Quit the chatting back there!" warned my teacher, glaring daggers at James and I.

We apologized in embarrassment.