☆5☆

There, leaning against the outside door of Grandma's building, was a tall recognizable, black-hooded figure I wished I'd never see again.

From a short distance, he seem to be texting on his phone, withholding any eye contact whatsoever. My eyes enlarged in absolute shock and I focused my steps as I quickly flew past him, pretending not to notice his existence.

"Y/N. Stop."

Although, I wanted to, my feet thought otherwise when they planted in my tracks by the glass door.

"Why are you here, Ben?" I muttered through gritted teeth.

"In case you're wondering, I'm waiting for my girlfriend."

"Huh. Good luck with that." I rolled my eyes and stepped forwards.

"Y/N," he blurted, and I freeze, again. "Can I ask you something?"

I hesitated before giving out a sigh of defeat. "Make it quick."

Without hesitation he abruptly questioned, "I saw you walking with another guy today. Who is he?"

I furrowed my brows, aggravated from the fact that Ben was around this area when I was walking with Kaneki to his apartment. I can't believe I've never noticed him.

"He's my boyfriend," I stated. "and I'm not telling you anything more."

That's when his foot blocked the entrance, preventing me from moving any further.

"Y/N, I miss you. Ever since the break-up, I've been constantly thinking about you and what I've done that made you upset."

I made eye contact with his cold, grey ones, glaring daggers at the boy. "What are you saying?"

"Can't we at least stay friends?" he pleaded. "I promise nothing will get in our way. I've matured lately, and would like your company, even if you're still angry at me."

Are you kidding? I thought to myself. Is he really asking me to come back when I have already passed on our previous relationship a long time ago? And to think all the dishonest and stupid decisions he created too? I don't think so, Buddy.

"Thanks, but, no thanks, Ben," I answered flatly. "I'm sorry but, I already have other things on my hands. Maybe in your dreams." And with that I shoved his foot away and the door slammed behind me.

I sighed to myself when I waited for the elevator to take me up to the eighth floor.

Once I found Grandma's apartment number, I unlocked the door and discovered the lights were still on.

"I'm home," I called where I caught the T.V playing the news in the living room. My mind seemed to be captivated of the report of another ghoul sighting near the 7th ward until I realized...

"Ahhhh!!" I leaped in alarm, finding Grandma sneaking up behind me in her usual white pajamas, headband and slippers.

"Y/N, you're home early," she said.

"Home early, Grandma?" I asked in bizarre. "I thought you'd be worried sick if I wasn't home after midnight. And why are you still awake?"

"Thought my granddaughter would like a nice cup of hot tea when she gets back," she smiled, pouring a cup for me when I sat down in our tiny table.

"Thank-you," I acknowledged, accepting the cup and taking a small sip.

"So... How's Kaneki doing?" Grandma asked suddenly, sitting across from me. "Did you two have a good time?"

I placed my drink down and smiled. "He's great."

"I assumed you would stay at his place until morning, Dear. It was a shame that you left him so early."