☆8☆

The following new year shaped a wave of new beginnings, emotional wrecks, and surprises for every one of the young generation. Fortunately for me, everything stayed the same just how I liked it. Well, almost everything.

"Kaneki, have you seen my--"

"--phone? It's sitting on the bedside table charging. You forgot to unplug it again." He rolled his eyes by the end of his sentence and I flushed in embarrassment, again. I was still (and probably always be) absent-minded and that'll probably never change like the new year.

"Oh, Dear! Can you help Grandma with her bedsheets please?"

My eyes widened, and I rushed to her side by her bedroom closet, without realizing Kaneki followed right behind.

"Oh, sorry!!" I exclaimed. "Here, let me help you." I took the bedsheets from her frail hands and gently tossed it over Grandma's bed. Kaneki immediately lend a hand, pulling the other side of the cloth and perfectly tucking it under the mattress.

She smiled in appreciation. "Thank-you, Dear. My, Kaneki, you shouldn't be doing the work--"

"--Oh, it's no worries, Mrs. G/LN (Your Grandma's last name). I'm glad I could be use of help." He gave his side of the bed a final tug. "Besides, I've had years of experience taking care of the chores around my apartment. It's cool."

Grandma walked by towards the kitchen and whispered, "You really outdid yourself, Y/N. Where on earth did you find a gentleman like him?" Her eyes were wide with disbelief.

I laughed nervously. "He found me first."

I turned back to the eye patched boy who already finished making the bed as he set the pillows properly against the bed frame.

"Hey!!" I exclaimed, rushing to his side. "I was supposed to do that!!"

"You're too slow," he answered. "It's already done."

I crossed my arms. "Hmph! Fine. But, I'm doing my own bed, okay?"

Kaneki ruffled my hair. "If you insist. I'll be watching you as you work." He smirked then exits Grandma's room.

I gasped. "Kaneki!!"

It took plenty of time for me to remove the old sheets and correctly apply a fresh set of new ones until, I was finally finished. I collapsed on my bed and sigh.

"Ahhhh... That's the life." I curled up in a ball, hugging my knees close to my chest.

That's when one side of the bed became heavy and I realized Kaneki laid down right beside me, hugging his arm around my body.

"It sure is..." he hummed close to my ear that I smiled, turning to face white-haired Kaneki, again.

I laughed and pecked his sweet lips. "I looooooooovvve yoouuu, Kaneki-san!!" I sang, my energy low and my drooping eyes gradually drifting to sleep.

"San?" He blinked. "Why the honorific? I like it when it's just Kaneki."

"I don't know..." I sighed. "Thought I'd try it out. It sounds really cute though!"

"Whatever," he muttered under his breath. "And what do you want me to call you? Chan?"

"Chan, sama, san, honey, love," I yawned. "...sweetheart, sweetie, babe... all the good stuff..." I was at the verge of falling asleep when my phone in my back pocket began to vibrate.