24. A Peak Into The Past

En başından başla

"You look so beautiful Aria. I love you!" I said while hugging her tight.

"So do you Sofia!" We pulled back and I looked for Jen but she was nowhere to be seen. "Where is Jen?" I asked.

"Oh, she texted me saying that Jack is going to pick her up and that she'll directly meet us in school!" Hearing Jack's name made me a little uncomfortable. But I thought that I have to get used to this. For Jen. So I just smiled and nod my head and we headed out to our school.

***

"I can't see Jen anywhere!"

Aria and I stepped in the Snow Ball Dance and were looking Jen but couldn't find her anywhere. As my eyes wandered, I couldn't help thinking that everybody looked great today. The girls had their their best dresses on while the boys were all suited up. The party was held in our school's Great Hall. It was a huge place built was functions like these. Sometimes also used by students to play any sport. Everything was bright and colourful. Right from the pretty balloons to the lighting and to everything in this party. The music was so soothing.

"Oh My God! Is that Laura?" I was brought back to my senses by Aria's surprising remark. Laura was our classmate and our school's most wanted girl. Erm, I mean most wanted by boys! She was known for changing boyfriends every two weeks. Her longest relationship was of two months.

"What?" I looked Aria and then gazed in the direction she was pointing at. "Ew, that actually is Laura!"

"Why is she locking lips with Eliot? Isn't she dating Farren? Is it two weeks already?" I let out a laugh. She really is an immature bitch! While watching the students dance to the music, my eyes fell on Jack and Jen who entered the Great Hall. They both complimented each other's outfits. Jen had a wonderful red gown which had floral embroidery. Her hair half tied up and half left loose. She looked stunning! Jack chose a plain white shirt under a red blazer. He has always looked quite hot.

"Jen! Here!" Aria squealed and Jen reached out to us. We shared a group hug thereafter.

"Hey Sofia!" I was taken aback by Jack's voice. "Hey Jack!" I replied hastily with an awkward smile. Jen then pulled Jack to the dance floor. Aria went on to dance with Kevin, her biology friend. And I went to the drinks counter. Well, not alcohol, but cold drinks! I was sipping onto the cold drink, watching students dance but after a few minutes, I couldn't see Jack anywhere. Jen and Aria were dancing together. Maybe, he went to the washroom. I then remembered I also had to use the restroom. Had too many drinks! I made my way towards the restroom which was besides the photo booth. I shook my head seeing the girls pose with their boyfriends licking each other's face. As I walked towards the restroom, someone pulled me into the store room. I was just about to scream but stopped when I saw that it was Jack who pulled me in. He shut the door behind him. I was absolutely confused. What was he doing?

"What the hell Jack?" The irritation in my voice said everything.

"I just want to talk to you Sofia. Please, just listen to me." I froze. My heartbeats raced by the thought of being alone with Jack. I don't know if it was nervousness or it was fear or LOVE! He took my silence as an answer for him to continue.

"Look, I know you're not comfortable with me being with Jen. I like her, I really do. But when I saw you today, I realized I still have feelings for you." I breathed heavily. I couldn't speak. He came closer to me and I couldn't move. "You are so beautiful. I don't know what happened to me back then when I broke up with you. Why would I leave a gem like you!" I listened to him. "I still love you Sofia!" He touched my cheek and it gave me chills. "This is not right Jack! We shouldn't be doing this. I will not betray my best friend." He didn't say anything but just brought his lips closer to mine and I couldn't pull myself, I just couldn't and we kissed. It felt heavenly. I know I shouldn't feel like that but I couldn't suppress my feelings. Just then, I heard the door open and my eyes popped out at seeing Jen standing there by the door. Tears sliding down her cheeks.

"Jen!"

****

A/N
Hey everyone, long time!
I've been a lot busy lately. No, not an excuse. It's just the truth.

So anyway,
Here's to make up. I'm gonna upload the next chapter right away! So go on, jump on to the next chapter!

Question of the day,
Are y'all enjoying the scenes of the past?

Until next time,
Read, vote, share, enjoy!

Love,
Boot_Books!