:) 5- Hashtag Attacked (:

"Ugh."

"What?"

"Ugh."

"Stef, what?" I ask again.

"Ugh!" She says louder.

"My god! What?" I ask a third time, hoping for a different answer.

"What do you think?" She finally expands her vocabulary.

"Apparently I don't know what since I'm asking," I respond.

"Ugh."

"Back to basics, I see."

Stef has been on her bed since we got to her house. She hasn't moved at all and we've had minimal conversation. Now though, something is bugging her. The real question is will she spill what it is or will we just play this game?

"Why?!"

"That's new," I answer to her 'agony', if you can even call it that.

"Why, Lu, why?!"

"Why what, Stef, why what?!" I answer, mocking her.

"His signals are all over the place. I can't take it, and I'm not even on the receiving end," Stef finally says a complete sentence.

"Ummm, who are we talking about?" I ask.

"James! How can you deal with it?" She looks at me with a puzzled look.

"Signals? James? Ha! You really like to mess with me."

"Lu, I'm not kidding. You knew you were spending the night for that reason," Stef gives me a blank stare.

"What reason would that be exactly?" I question her.

"That he was straddling and tickling you. Something you do when you flirt and like someone," Stef says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"He went with Lily, who we didn't even know was coming. He wants to be with her," I say, knowingly.

"You know nothing."

I know how he acts on dates. He gave me a pretty detailed description of the night they had shared. I'll never forget how he thought she was beautiful. How he said that warmth spread when he held her hand and how he would walk with her, everywhere. My brain then shifts to the other day. This is the time he chose me over her. Although, he chose friendship over relationship, not girl over girl. I can't blame him for wanting to spend quality time with friends.

"Lu? Lu?"

I shake my head and look up to Stef.

"I lost you there for a second. What were you thinking about?" She asks me.

"James... I know he wants to be with Lily," I repeat myself.

"James... I know he wants to be with Lucy," Stef mimics me.

"No. No. And no. Did I mention no?"

"Lu, stop being so stubborn and single. Let him in, let him explore you."

I start cracking up, "Explore me?" I laugh even harder after repeating her words.

"Stop laughing. You know what I meant," Stef tries to suppress her laughter.

She soon gives in, laughing with me. Her words give me a chance to change the topic to her and Zach, something she'll definitely like talking about.

While Stef is showering my phone rings. Automatically I pick it up and don't even look at the caller ID. "Hello, what's your favorite color?"

"Umm, green. This is Lily."