Chapter 4

The next week passed semi-quickly. Carter, Thomas and I established our favorite restaurants while Jason dealt with the transfer to Boston University and Scott and Ryder worked on preparing to apply to college, including their college essays.

Ryder's really worried because he was relying on his athletic prowess in football, basketball, and baseball to get in, and he was captain for all three at our old school (he was extremely gifted). Now, he might not even get the chance to play.

He stopped by the high school and they said tryouts are over but they'll let him on the team on a temporary basis until he "proves his worth." It's a good thing I have lots of video tapes from Ryder's performance last year to back up his skill to colleges and whoever this high school coach is. I have full faith that Ryder will win them over.

Scott is more of a nerd, (he wants to study business and take over our Grandpa's empire but I'll get to that later), than Ryder but both were immensely popular at our old school. All my brothers were because of their "hotness". Excuse me while I throw up in my mouth a lottle( mix between little and a lot).

No, I know my brothers are attractive to the general female population, you know the ones with eyes and or ears. A lot of girls have tried to befriend me in hopes of getting close to one of them, but my brothers hate when girls do that. Therefore, I became a social recluse with a very limited friend list. I had friends but no one close that I would miss immensely.

I am really choosy when it comes to friends because I am a very realistic person. I hate fake people more than I hate my parents work hours or this move. I'm very open and blunt and honest and people who put on a false persona irritate me.

Today, Ryder, Scott, Carter, Thomas, and I all went to a small French cafe to get lunch. It has an extremely impossible to pronounce, but beautiful, French name.

My period was over so they were back to harassing me. Thomas had successfully managed to insert his straw wrapper into my hair without my notice and earned some dingleberries or something and Scott gave him a poker chip while Thomas gave Ryder a pink bingo coin thing. I still have no idea what's happening.

Halfway through our meal I was thoroughly enjoying my delicious grilled turkey panini and something I just call 'fancy soup', when I hear to girls squealing in the corner. They repeatedly glance in our direction. I hope my brothers don't notice. Their already disproportionate egos would inflate to the size of Texas and they'd make their own pledge of allegiance. Scott was the only humble one and that's only if you stretch the meaning... by like a lot.

The girls are still causing ruckus and it's starting to really annoy me.

"Fangirls one o' clock," I mutter under my breath, but Carter hears me and immediately perks up. He nudges Thomas who, with a cocky smirk I'd like to shove down his arrogant throat, to my utter dismay, waves the girls over.

I distinctly hear them squeal and make their way over. The second one stumbles on her way over and I attempt to stifle a snicker. They're all smiles and I watch the first girl, not so discreetly, pull her tank top slightly down to give the boys a show. I shudder in disgust.

"You guys aren't from around here, are you?" The first one, I've taken to calling Bimbo One, purrs. It legit sounds like she's purring... like a cat. Ryder shoots me a look and I attempt to control my face. I'm sitting in the center of our circular booth so I can't get out.

"Yeah, we just moved here," Carter smiles brightly. Oh brothers, here we go. Bimbo One's eyes light up and she exchanges a glance with Bimbo Two.

"Are you guys going to start at Mayview High in the fall?" Bimbo Two asks. Thomas scooches over in the booth to make room for them and I end up squished by Carter on my right and Scott on my left.